• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What year & model?

EUGENE

Okay BMW history buffs. What year did BMW make a light blue K1200? It a brick model with 100 hp. but not a LT model. Trying to help a friend out. Help please, this is all the info I have.:scratch

The k1200 brick bikes, except for the LT had 130 HP.I
Are we taking about a US bike?
Seems like one country, France?? Had detuned
engines at 100 HP.

There was a K1100RS in this color.

BMW%20K1100RS%2093%20%201.jpg

This friend is not very knowledgeable about BMW's. It probable did have 130 hp. OR Did the K1100 have 100hp.? I trying to come up with a picture of one to go down memory lane with him. The bike is long gone { Total}'. He keep saying light blue, ABS brakes, heated grips and seat and cast wheels.

What year is this one?

I don't remember.
You asked about the HP, the K100 had 100 HP and I think the K1100 also had 100.
Hopefully someone will come along to tell you the year and if it was 100 HP for sure.

BMW had a Capri Blue K1200RS in 2003 and 2004.
9973Ride04302005_002_Medium_.jpg

This is a friend that I lost contact with for 9 years. I meet him again this last weekend. I was thinking about purchasing his bike but now it is long gone.:banghead Still a picture would be nice.

This is a friend that I lost contact with for 9 years. I meet him again this last weekend. I was thinking about purchasing his bike but now it is long gone.:banghead Still a picture would be nice.

looks like you have pictures of the options in this thread. the mid 90's k1100 and the early 2000's k1200

K1100RS 1992-1996 100hp

K1200RS 1996-2006 130hp

Both had light blue versions.

:dance:dance:dance

Thank you all for helping me out. He put it on cosignment at a used car dealership, the lot boy , washed and cleaned it. Then took it for a ride and total it. The saleman calls my friend and told him what had happen. My friend told him " well it looks like you just sold it to the lot boy." He did get paid for it. Sad ending to that K1200RS.:wave

Back