• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

rally app?

chickey191

I realize that this is likely the wrong place, but does anyone here know how to put your picture (or A picture)as an avatar in the Rally app? I see people have been able to, but can't find a way to do it. Not in the profile section - tried dragging and dropping and cntrl V and cntrl P - nothing seems to work. though I did look at the back door and noticed that they weren't jpgs. so maybe need to save a picture in different format to make it work? Or can anyone point me in the right direction. didn't find it on the FAQ page nor any link to webmaster.

I'm not familiar with this app. But, I know that avatars used here on the forum have a no-larger-than size. What is the size of the avatar that you're trying to use? On the forum, the avatar can be no larger than 70x70 pixels or 19.5Kb.

I downloaded the app and was able to upload an avatar. I clicked on the three bars in the upper left, then selected My Profile. I then clicked on the camera icon which lets me choose an existing photo or take a photo. Once the photo is selected, there will be a grid into which the photo must fit...it will probably be full size...you can only decrease things from there. Once that's done, click on the check mark in the upper right.

Beyond that, I don't know what you use the app for! :banghead

My app has the full Rally book and the schedule and so much more. Check it out!

Voni
sMiling

I downloaded the app and was able to upload an avatar. I clicked on the three bars in the upper left, then selected My Profile. I then clicked on the camera icon which lets me choose an existing photo or take a photo. Once the photo is selected, there will be a grid into which the photo must fit...it will probably be full size...you can only decrease things from there. Once that's done, click on the check mark in the upper right.

That worked for me, starting with a picture 1280x847 pixels in size, and using the grid to crop it down.

I really like having the events schedule in advance so I can plan my days. The ability to automatically transfer events to my Google calendar helps me see where I have free time. I would prefer to have some way to filter out the every day "events" like shipping and ice sales - you have to scroll down quite a lot to find the one time only seminars.

The vendors list in the app shows the booth number for each vendor, but the green location pin does not link to anything - not sure why that pin is there.
I'm guessing booth G6 will be in the Grand Building, while P15 would be in Promontory Hall? Maybe I need to study the Rally Book to find a legend or chart. Ahh, there it is in the app, at the top of the list "00 Key to Exhibitor Locations".

I think I'll be reviewing the book, but relying on the app once I arrive. One less thing to carry.

Thanks -- that worked. When I was using the on-line version of the app -- it didn't have the camera icon. So went to the phone app and there it was. Thanks.
App is pretty good if you want to keep track of what seminars or things you want to do that are time sensitive and tells you where it is being held. Also, has attendees as well as vendors. So - fairly useful.

... Beyond that, I don't know what you use the app for! :banghead
I've found a lot of use already for it as outlined below. I have used similar apps for a few years at several multi-day seminars that I've attended and find them very useful.

Thanks -- that worked. When I was using the on-line version of the app -- it didn't have the camera icon. So went to the phone app and there it was. Thanks.
App is pretty good if you want to keep track of what seminars or things you want to do that are time sensitive and tells you where it is being held. Also, has attendees as well as vendors. So - fairly useful.
That's what my experience was as well, appears only the Mobile App allows you to add a "Profile" picture.

... I would prefer to have some way to filter out the every day "events" like shipping and ice sales - you have to scroll down quite a lot to find the one time only seminars...
That is accomplished by selecting the seminars / events / functions that you want and selecting it as a "Favourite" in either app as well as in the mobile app you can click on the three dots on the right of the schedule item to pull up the "Add to My Schedule" option. These actions move the item into your "My Schedule" section and all you will see in that area is items you have added.

... the vendors list in the app shows the booth number for each vendor, but the green location pin does not link to anything - not sure why that pin is there.
I'm guessing booth G6 will be in the Grand Building, while P15 would be in Promontory Hall? Maybe I need to study the Rally Book to find a legend or chart. Ahh, there it is in the app, at the top of the list "00 Key to Exhibitor Locations".

I think I'll be reviewing the book, but relying on the app once I arrive. One less thing to carry.
My plan as well. These types of apps are really helpful.

Also, don't forget the "My Notes" function. Within any seminar/event/function you can add a note and then see all of your notes in the "My Notes" section. I have already put in three to remind me of things that I either wish to ask or do at various seminars.

I have used the "Speakers" section to see if the seminars I'm attending are repeated so that I have a better chance of reducing conflicts. It has helped me with that.

The Exhibitors section will be helpful in quickly identifying where they are, also, if you tap on a specific exhibitor, the globe icon in the upper right corner of the mobile app will launch that exhibitors website.

From the main drop-down menu (three bars upper left) selecting the "Search" function provides quick access to what you want if you already have an idea of what you are looking for. As an example just typing "cut" brings up three results, one is an attendee and the other two are the ones I was anticipating, Tom Cutter's speaker and seminar info. Simply clicking on any of these takes you directly to that data.

I will be putting the app to good use and getting significant benefit from it. Glad it has been put in place.

Back