• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Im having my RT wrapped... please help with the color.

Blue or green?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
VERY nice!!! :thumb:thumb:thumb

I'm glad you went with what YOU wanted (and you will be too) instead of what us old farts would have done. Now, when do we get to ride it for helping you pick the color?:brow

So how did you get to New York and Pennsylvania without going through one of the neighboring states?:scratch

:dance:dance:dance

I used to live in New Jersey and then Pennsylvania before moving to Texas.

I'm doing a fly-ride next week from Ottawa to Victoria on a new-to-me 2014 R1200RT - it's Ebony Metallic but I actually favoured Callisto Grey...with wrap, I might be able to get what I wanted! :)

My next decision is whether to put R1200RT decals back on the bike. I ordered a set from a company in Spain that made them for me in the same black Carbon Fiber look as the dash. But I can't decide whether it looks better without the decal. I also got smaller ones that could be put on the panniers below the reflector, instead of the large one on the side panel. I'm debating.

Doug

Attachments

• IMG_1999.jpg
    IMG_1999.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 109
wrapped

Could that company in Spain make those carbon fiber looking decals large enough to cover up the green wrap ????? :)

Friedle

You have a very nice bike. And is not only the new wrapping!!
Green looks good. My bike is blue, but if I had to choose, could
be either color. Beats grey, black or brown!
As for the decals, I opted for reflective ones.
And about those headers... are you happy with them?
First thing I notice when I see a beemer is the burned blue headers!!
A good ceramic coating fixes that problem!
And am not going to those lights... the oncoming traffic may think
the train left the tracks and is rolling on the road!!!
Enjoy your ride!

Like the idea of a wrap to change color

I am looking for a F800ST now. I found one at a dealer that was in great shape but did not want a black one. This may be a way for me to have a red F800ST.

The only red factory one was the '07-'08 models F800S. They had lower handbars and no lower fairing. All else is the same as the ST.:thumb

You have a very nice bike. And is not only the new wrapping!!
Green looks good. My bike is blue, but if I had to choose, could
be either color. Beats grey, black or brown!
As for the decals, I opted for reflective ones.
And about those headers... are you happy with them?
First thing I notice when I see a beemer is the burned blue headers!!
A good ceramic coating fixes that problem!
And am not going to those lights... the oncoming traffic may think
the train left the tracks and is rolling on the road!!!
Enjoy your ride!

The headers are next on my list. They will be getting ceramic coated in he next couple of weeks. The upper lights are hooked into my high beams. They are only on when I'm using the high Beams, so the only thing that sees a train coming is the deer. Hopefully! :)

Doug

Back