• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What Driving Mode do you normally use on your 14+ RT?

Which Driving Mode do you usually use on your RT?

• Dynamic Mode

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • Road Mode

Votes: 35 63.6%
  • Rain Mode

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters
Modes

Howdy,
Unless I feel the need to pull a wheelie (Dynamic) I use Road. Recently spent a week in WV at a cabin, road in was very steep, changing surfaces from dirt to crushed stone to gravel, with no space to stop at the end if you came in carrying too much speed, Rain came in very handy in this situation. :)
Later,
Norm

Used rain mode on a trip once and it did a good job in a storm, otherwise dynamic. Don't see much use for road myself.

So, looking at this poll - what did you expect?????

I expected ROAD to dominate because usually I am in the middle of the pack and ROAD is my default map except when slick or in places where I need to be able to pass other traffic the quickest.

Great poll!!

Thanks for putting that together. I ride almost exclusively in dynamic hard. I was legitimately curious how others were riding their RT's. I also ride one up with luggage with nothing or next to nothing in my cases. I was curious if others ride in the rain mode and see an increase in fuel economy. I ride dynamic hard as I love the performance and handeling.

Mostly Dynamic with the suspension set to Normal. If I'm highway bound then I'll set it to Road and if the wife is with me (on the highways) I'll go to Soft on the suspension.

Mostly Dynamic with the suspension set to Normal. If I'm highway bound then I'll set it to Road and if the wife is with me (on the highways) I'll go to Soft on the suspension.

Yep, two up I go soft also. I'm always fascinated by the parallels of mutually exclusive behaviors, especially riding behaviors.

RAIN mode might be called SAFEr mode

From the manual the various Ride modes modify ASC, ABS, ESA, torque and throttle response. I think this implies the modifications to those parameters when in RAIN mode would serve to attenuate overly aggressive rider inputs to some degree, which combined arguably make it a safer mode to operate in, even in the twisties, or perhaps especially in the twisties, and especially for the less experienced w/ higher speed cornering. It sounds like chances go up of being 'smooth' in transitions between brake and throttle, always strongly emphasized in strategies to maximize high speed cornering. Sounds like a worthy mode to use as you work to gain experience.

Back