• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

MOA Anonymous Offline

happy wanderer

Day Dreaming ...
I am wondering if there is a PDF version of the MOA Anonymous book. I'm preparing to ride from Vancouver BC to Harleysville PA this September on my R100RS and space is limited. Something on my phone instead of a book might be potentially useful. I found the offline Flash App for use on a PC or MAC but that won't work on my phone. Apologies if I have not found this and it exists or if I have missed something about the Flash app for phone use. Thx!

Not that I've heard. Can you print individual pages to PDF that cover the route you're taking? That's about all I can think of...

I have it saved on my phone. I think it's a online version and not pdf.
I have a screen protector drying now and can't turn it on to check.

If you have software on your computer that can "Print" to a .pdf file, access the online version and click the printer icon at the top of the window. Select your PDF "printer" as the destination, and it can convert the entire online version as one file. There is free software available which provides this function, but I use software from Foxit. I think Windows 10 and newer Apple products include this capability. The copy I created works very nicely on my phone, but the online links to websites and phone numbers are inactive. No big deal, as cut and paste still works.

Larry -

Unless I'm doing something wrong, that process for me only prints the current page, even if ALL is selected.

If you have software on your computer that can "Print" to a .pdf file, access the online version and click the printer icon at the top of the window. Select your PDF "printer" as the destination, and it can convert the entire online version as one file. There is free software available which provides this function, but I use software from Foxit. I think Windows 10 and newer Apple products include this capability. The copy I created works very nicely on my phone, but the online links to websites and phone numbers are inactive. No big deal, as cut and paste still works.

I am using a very fast PC running Win7 and I also use Foxit. I used the printer icon in the online version and tried to print P1 to 190 with varying success. Flash keeps crashing or throwing errors and the best PDF Creator printer can manage is about 34 pages. Next try it got 64 pages. I've rebooted to clear the cache but each attempt seems to throw Flash errors saying the app has stopped or is unresponsive do you want to continue or wait but eventually a PDF file pops up in Foxit with varying amounts of pages.

I'm trying now to make several files about 30 pages long.

Adobe Flash has had these sorts of issues since day one as I recall. Why people love Flash so much is beyond me. Why not just put a simple PDF file up which any browser can simply display and dispense with the fancy fonts and animation tricks that Flash provides until it crashes that is.

There is an icon on the online version that allows you to download the pdf directly. No need to print to pdf...

Go to this link: http://content.yudu.com/web/y5b2/0A3yhi6/2017AnonymousBook/html/index.html .... At the top of that page is an icon that looks like a downward pointed arrow with the arrow pointed into a box. Click that and it will open this: http://content.yudu.com/web/y5b2/0A3yhi6/2017AnonymousBook/html/print/2017_AnonymousBook.pdf ... In that just right click and choose save as and save the pdf wherever you like...

Those links might have session information embedded in them, if so just search for Anonymous on the MOA site, click on the link to the digital version of the anonymous, click the arrow/box link I described and save the resulting pdf page it opens...

There is an icon on the online version that allows you to download the pdf directly. No need to print to pdf...

Go to this link: http://content.yudu.com/web/y5b2/0A3yhi6/2017AnonymousBook/html/index.html .... At the top of that page is an icon that looks like a downward pointed arrow with the arrow pointed into a box. Click that and it will open this: http://content.yudu.com/web/y5b2/0A3yhi6/2017AnonymousBook/html/print/2017_AnonymousBook.pdf ... In that just right click and choose save as and save the pdf wherever you like...

Those links might have session information embedded in them, if so just search for Anonymous on the MOA site, click on the link to the digital version of the anonymous, click the arrow/box link I described and save the resulting pdf page it opens...

skeive, THANK YOU so much. Actually the second link downloads the pdf file and then it is just a "Save As" away from being an easy to open PDF just under 2MB. Ditching all the separate files I made earlier today... The MOA book is now on my phone. :thumb

skeive, THANK YOU so much. Actually the second link downloads the pdf file and then it is just a "Save As" away from being an easy to open PDF just under 2MB. Ditching all the separate files I made earlier today... The MOA book is now on my phone. :thumb

Yeah, it depends on which browser you use on exactly what you do to get it to save. Couldn't have anything consistent. Glad it worked. And I have it on my phone now too :)

Yeah, it depends on which browser you use on exactly what you do to get it to save. Couldn't have anything consistent. Glad it worked. And I have it on my phone now too :)

Good point. I never did try it in Chrome however Flash and Mozilla's Firefox give me problems all the time. Having the book on my phone was on my MOA wishlist a long time ago. Nice to see it's available now. Thanks again.

+1 thanks for the link.

I have it saved on my phone. I think it's a online version and not pdf.
I have a screen protector drying now and can't turn it on to check.

Looks like I have the pdf and online version on my phone, plus I carry the book.
Looks like I have it covered :)

MOA Anonymous Online

Just to update this thread you can now go to BMWMOA.org, login and click on Resources, Anonymous Book then scroll down a bit and click on "Click the cover to access the digital version of the Anonymous Book".

Once it comes up you will notice a small down arrow in the top left corner of the cover. Click on it and it will open a dialog box asking if you want to open it in your browser but you want to select Save File. This will download a .PDF version of the entire book. I then copy this to my cell phone so it is with me wherever I ride.

Leave the book at home!

Reece and Wes have mentioned a new Anonymous Book app.
I take it this will be available soon.

I like keeping the PDF version on my phone - no need to rely on a data connection.

I'm hoping the app will have a location feature.
When I'm on a trip and look at all the towns in other states a lot of times I don't know which towns I'm close to.

One reason I always have a map.

I do too, but when you have hundreds of towns in a state to locate on a paper map it's time consuming.
The two times we tried to use the AB for friends traveling with us we did not have smart phones.
Actually we didn't have cell phones and we were in Canada :)

To show you how much I like paper maps here's what I have packed for tomorrows start of our trip to the Texas Hill Country.
Been there plenty of times but still like having maps along :).
Maps.jpg

Last edited:
Back