• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2015 K1300S Motorsport Pegs

DANIMAL

Danimal
Is anyone aware of a peg lowering option for this bike, it has the HP pegs but I'd like to lower them a bit. I suppose an option might be to replace them with the standard pegs and then buy a lowering kit but that gets a bit pricey. Any thoughts?

I have the same bike. I am using an Airhawk seat pad to give me some butt relief from the stock seat and raise me up an inch.

Your only other options are a taller aftermarket seat or to remove the very expensive HP pegs and replace them with the base level pegs AND a lowering kit.

I could just barely get my feet up on those pegs and was afraid that if I tried a ride, I might just not be able to get my feet off those pegs. So, I bit the bullet and found a pair of standard foot rests and pegs on eBay and bought a peg lowering kit, shift extender rod and pedal extenders from Pirates Lair. I believe the total cost was about $300.00. Oddly, the dimensions in the HP footrest plate are different from the standard foot plate on the right side. So, to make it work, I had to shorten the master cylinder actuator rod by about an inch. I truly hated to lose those gorgeous HP pegs, but I’d rather ride the bike than look at the pegs. I think I can get $500 - 600.00 for them to defray my cost, and I intend to ride my cruise missile until the wheels fall off or they take my keys away from me. Since I’m 74, it will be fun to see which happens first! :dance

Put on a set of Helibars. The slightly higher bars still look good but the slightly more upright position greatly enhances the ability to get your feet on and off the pegs, and does so without messing up the peg to shifter / brake relationships. If you still want to go with lower pegs try these by Knight design

I’ve used Knight Design pegs in the past with great results. They are about $100.00 cheaper than the Verholens I used. Kind of stupid, really, but I’ve done work for Jerry at Pirate’s Lair in the past and wanted to throw some business his way. I tried the original pegs with the bike on a stand in an upright sitting position, and that was how I determined them to be unworkable for me. Part of the problem was my knee hitting the flare on the upper surface of the tank. When you’re 6’ 3” and my age, many things you would love to have work, sadly, just don’t any more. :banghead
Thanks for taking the time to offer help.

Back