Thread: R100gs - looking for new switch: Transmission leak near Asheville,

R100gs - looking for new switch: Transmission leak near Asheville,

I am on a cross country trip with my r100gs (1992) and I have noticed a small transmission leak 2 days ago. I am on the blue ridge parkway and ll be in Asheville tomorrow.
    I think i need to replace the switch.
    I am looking for a garage to stop by or someone who can help me out figuring out.

Looking forward to hearing from advice, recommendation or help

Thanks in advance,
    Clara-Julia

Welcome to the forum! There is a BMW dealer in Asheville NC...Eurosport of Asheville:

http://bmwmotorcyclesofasheville.com/

Might not be open on Mondays. There are other independent shops but they're all 2-3 hours away and towards to the coast. Check the link in my signature line for a section on independent shops.

Hope you get things sorted!
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Last I knew, Motorrad Unlimited was very close to the Asheville dealership, just over the bridge from Biltmore Village. Independent BMW shop.
    Anton Largiader 72724
    Tech articles - YouTube
    Virginia Motorrad Werkstatt BMW motorcycle service and repair in central Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Welcome to the forum! There is a BMW dealer in Asheville NC...Eurosport of Asheville:

http://bmwmotorcyclesofasheville.com/

Might not be open on Mondays. There are other independent shops but they're all 2-3 hours away and towards to the coast. Check the link in my signature line for a section on independent shops.

Hope you get things sorted!
    Thank you!
    Going to figure out

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AntonLargiader View Post
    Last I knew, Motorrad Unlimited was very close to the Asheville dealership, just over the bridge from Biltmore Village. Independent BMW shop.
    Thank you, going to check this out

I am not sure if this is timely now, but there are two possibilities down the road in Greenville, SC. Not far, and a great ride. One is the dealer in Greenville on 291 by-pass & Laurens Road.

The other, is better - two guys who have worked on BMW's for years at a BMW dealer, and they opened up their own shop called Trophy-Moto. They are located on 291 by-pass near Rutherford Road. I've had my bike to them. Better for service than dealer - esp. on the older bikes.
    "The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by SCBuckeye View Post
    I am not sure if this is timely now, but there are two possibilities down the road in Greenville, SC. Not far, and a great ride. One is the dealer in Greenville on 291 by-pass & Laurens Road.

The other, is better - two guys who have worked on BMW's for years at a BMW dealer, and they opened up their own shop called Trophy-Moto. They are located on 291 by-pass near Rutherford Road. I've had my bike to them. Better for service than dealer - esp. on the older bikes.
    Thanks for sharing!
    HCV, Halls Custom Vintage, did a great service on it: fast, available right away for emergency and they only work vintage motorcycles, mainly europeans. And great guys . Highly recommending their garage

Quote Originally Posted by cijipi View Post
    I am on a cross country trip with my r100gs (1992) and I have noticed a small transmission leak 2 days ago. I am on the blue ridge parkway and ll be in Asheville tomorrow.
    I think i need to replace the switch.
    I am looking for a garage to stop by or someone who can help me out figuring out.

Looking forward to hearing from advice, recommendation or help

Thanks in advance,
    Clara-Julia
    SO, update about Asheville:
    If you need a fast, efficient, meticulous and great service for a vintage motorcycle, please contact these guys:
    HCV, Halls Custom Vintage
    Great service, great guys : (828) 713 3263