• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Alpine White 2017 R1200RT

You're right Lee. Because BMW grouped the announcements in May 2017 about some 2018 models with an announcement about the 2017 K1600GT, I figured it was a new color to the market. My bad. Here's what I saw:

"2018 BMW Motorcycle Price Announcement

BMW Motorrad USA has announced pricing and availability for three of its 2018 models: the K 1600 B, K 1600 GTL and the G 310 R. BMW also released pricing and availability for its 2017 K 1600 GT."

I like the white. I am considering painting mine white at some point and then adding the traditional BMW RED, DARK Blue, BLUE color scheme, something like this.

When you get around to it, here are the specifics of the colors of the M stripes...

Pantone:
Blue — Pantone Process Blue
Purple — Pantone 268
Red — Pantone Warm Red

Paint:
blue violett GLASURIT-BMW 4000
light blue GLASURIT-BMW 5002
red GLASURIT-BMW 353

RGB:
Blue — 0 138 201 (Hex: 008AC9)
Purple — 43 17 90 (Hex: 2B115A)
Red — 241 26 34 (Hex: F11A22)

rt colours for 2018

OK, should be talking to her tomorrow or Thursday as we begin firming up the order, and I'll ask

bmw_road_moasigpic.jpg

RT colours for 2018

Hi Elliott:

I didn't pm you back because I thought everyone would benefit from this post. My dealer has gotten the info for me and she is getting new info for 2018 on the RT's almost daily working through the process of ordering one for me. Lotsa questions. For 2018 they are keeping the white, and the ebony black, they're dropping the bronze and included a "Mars Red". New details filtering through are the engine will be black too. I'm tired of silver, my Wing was silver, my '12 RT is silver two tone, etc. The Mars Red RT for 2018 is what they call a "Style Package" so some other stuff is in the package such as a sport windshield which is somewhat shorter then stock that I might have to change, we'll see.

My dealer is BMW Ft. Lauderdale in Florida. It is a small, family run dealership that's been in business since the 1950's I believe, and passed down through the family. The main sales person is Jennifer, the oldest daughter. Everyone is very professional but you don't get that big dealership impersonal feeling that makes one feel like a number. Their main line is: 954-581-6099.

Scott

postable1.jpg

Hi Elliott:

I didn't pm you back because I thought everyone would benefit from this post. My dealer has gotten the info for me and she is getting new info for 2018 on the RT's almost daily working through the process of ordering one for me. Lotsa questions. For 2018 they are keeping the white, and the ebony black, they're dropping the bronze and included a "Mars Red". New details filtering through are the engine will be black too. I'm tired of silver, my Wing was silver, my '12 RT is silver two tone, etc. The Mars Red RT for 2018 is what they call a "Style Package" so some other stuff is in the package such as a sport windshield which is somewhat shorter then stock that I might have to change, we'll see.

My dealer is BMW Ft. Lauderdale in Florida. It is a small, family run dealership that's been in business since the 1950's I believe, and passed down through the family. The main sales person is Jennifer, the oldest daughter. Everyone is very professional but you don't get that big dealership impersonal feeling that makes one feel like a number. Their main line is: 954-581-6099.

Scott

View attachment 62359

Thanks Scott, this sounds very promising. I will be curious to see if a black engine is available with the White, that might be very cool! It that is the case, I will likely hold off for a 2018, rather than end of year 2017 (depends on cost), however, I am going with this will be my last, new, RT purchase, so get what I really like.
Good luck with your purchase.
Keep us up to date. And PICS are a must once you have possession!

Cheers,
Neil

2018 rt

My dealer has a 2017 ebony black fully loaded and I considered having them pull off the panels and getting it painted red, and I'd use some of the floor discount to pay for the paint. We discussed it and she was willing although they don't like doing it because of liabilities, etc., but after thinking it over for a few hours, I decided this was going to be a no compromise purchase, as I will more than likely own this bike until I quit riding (on the way to the funeral parlour if I have my way :). Production may start in August, but no later than Sept., so I should have it by November.

Scott

headonShotRT.jpg

When you get around to it, here are the specifics of the colors of the M stripes...

Pantone:
Blue — Pantone Process Blue
Purple — Pantone 268
Red — Pantone Warm Red

Paint:
blue violett GLASURIT-BMW 4000
light blue GLASURIT-BMW 5002
red GLASURIT-BMW 353

RGB:
Blue — 0 138 201 (Hex: 008AC9)
Purple — 43 17 90 (Hex: 2B115A)
Red — 241 26 34 (Hex: F11A22)

Beemerphile,

Wow! Thanks for the excellent information!

My local BMW dealer recently put a white one on the showroom floor. I'm not normally a white bike fan but this white RT absolutely pops. If I was buying a new RT the white one would be my first choice.

View attachment 62363

It's not clear from the picture, but it is described as a metallic paint. Could be pretty sharp on an RT.

It is a red-orange. Compare that "red" to the one below:

red-uk-400.jpg

A BIG difference!

I like how BMW used the same color on the engine, wheels, frame, final drive and foot peg brackets on the model.

white-rt.jpg

Alpine White 2017 1200RT

I didn't see the pearl in the Alpine White. My favorite color was the pearl white used in the 16 Exclusive a couple of years ago. I wish BMW would use that for the RT.

I didn't see the pearl in the Alpine White. My favorite color was the pearl white used in the 16 Exclusive a couple of years ago. I wish BMW would use that for the RT.

There's no pearl or metallic in Alpine White, which is a BMW car color that's been around for decades. I've had a couple of Alpine White BMWs. The pearly white that was on the Exclusive and is available on cars is Mineral White Metallic.

My dealer checked and they're coming out with a red for 2018 on the rt's, so I'll be placing my order this week.

This video shows the red RT.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3SPOJT_erRM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think the red RT would look better without the matte black nose and all the stickers.

P90268559_highRes_bmw-r-1200-rt-style-.jpg

I like white bikes! :) Always have. I bought this last week and really love it! The top case is currently being painted to color-match the bike.

199daec9-8050-4a17-9e5d-e5e2d12237da_zpsq0xruelk.jpg

32f6b1ab-d107-4f01-a607-6d3f3f6d7afc_zps0edxyvvf.jpg

b484478b-074b-4c29-ba00-20c3d11ed120_zpsd4rmmzzi.jpg

Back