• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Alpine White 2017 R1200RT

Last week a good friend and I were at the local BMW dealer and my friend inquired about an Alpine white R1200RT. The salesman stated they were reluctant to stock white bikes because traditionally they do not sell well! Has anyone with any sales experience had similar experiences with white bikes? Are white bikes just too "Vanilla"? I think the Alpine white is a nice color but my Platinum Bronze RT is nicer!:ca

white-rt.jpg

I like the white. I am considering painting mine white at some point and then adding the traditional BMW RED, DARK Blue, BLUE color scheme, something like this.

Attachments

• bmw.jpg
    bmw.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 401
My dealer had a white one in the crate and after unwrapping the bike I purchased it on the spot. Maybe I'm the odd one out, but white IS the fastest color...😉 For reference, my brother waited six weeks for his platinum bronze RT. That color is sweet too btw.:thumb

White

I think its all just plain and simple. People are attracted to different colors. I waited and waited for the R1200GS Adventure to be in white. I bought one. I love the color. People remark all the time on how cool the bike looks!

Remember, there are people out there that think pink hair is beautiful. Well, again, to each their own....

Dennis

PS....I think BMW holds the line on pink....its a no no.....LOL!!

Colour is important

I decided to buy a new RT a couple of weeks ago and was dismayed to see there was only 3 colours, white, ebony black and the bronze. I mean they're all beautiful but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If I had to, I would go with the bronze but very few of us on this forum are buying these machines to get back and forth to work, we're buying them because this is the way we choose to have fun, relax, seek adventure, etc., etc. So colour makes a big difference, at least it does to me. When I buy a bike, I keep it a long time. I'm just selling my 2005 Goldwing, bought new, and I purchased a 2 year old 2012 rt in late 2014, the platinum bronze/silver (not sure if that is what the colour is called but that is what it looks like) and I really want something with a bright happy colour. My dealer checked and they're coming out with a red for 2018 on the rt's, so I'll be placing my order this week. I guess they start building them in September so I'll probably get it in November. Sight unseen so I hope the red is a good one. That UK red for 2016 would be cool. They're calling it Mares Red I think, whatever colour that might be. If anyone has anymore info on that, chime in please.

Scott
20150521_113550.jpg

I decided to buy a new RT a couple of weeks ago and was dismayed to see there was only 3 colours, white, ebony black and the bronze. I mean they're all beautiful but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If I had to, I would go with the bronze but very few of us on this forum are buying these machines to get back and forth to work, we're buying them because this is the way we choose to have fun, relax, seek adventure, etc., etc. So colour makes a big difference, at least it does to me. When I buy a bike, I keep it a long time. I'm just selling my 2005 Goldwing, bought new, and I purchased a 2 year old 2012 rt in late 2014, the platinum bronze/silver (not sure if that is what the colour is called but that is what it looks like) and I really want something with a bright happy colour. My dealer checked and they're coming out with a red for 2018 on the rt's, so I'll be placing my order this week. I guess they start building them in September so I'll probably get it in November. Sight unseen so I hope the red is a good one. That UK red for 2016 would be cool. They're calling it Mares Red I think, whatever colour that might be. If anyone has anymore info on that, chime in please.

Scott
View attachment 62330

Hey can you ask your dealer what other colours there will be for 2018. I am hoping they do white one more year! Oh and tell us, or PM me. My dealer won't share.

I decided to buy a new RT a couple of weeks ago and was dismayed to see there was only 3 colors, white, ebony black and the bronze. I mean they're all beautiful but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If I had to, I would go with the bronze but very few of us on this forum are buying these machines to get back and forth to work, we're buying them because this is the way we choose to have fun, relax, seek adventure, etc., etc. So color makes a big difference, at least it does to me. When I buy a bike, I keep it a long time. I'm just selling my 2005 Goldwing, bought new, and I purchased a 2 year old 2012 rt in late 2014, the platinum bronze/silver (not sure if that is what the color is called but that is what it looks like) and I really want something with a bright happy color. My dealer checked and they're coming out with a red for 2018 on the rt's, so I'll be placing my order this week. I guess they start building them in September so I'll probably get it in November. Sight unseen so I hope the red is a good one. That UK red for 2016 would be cool. They're calling it Mares Red I think, whatever color that might be. If anyone has anymore info on that, chime in please.

Scott
View attachment 62330

My U.S. dealer tells me that in this country, at least, the 2018 colors will be the same as 2017. But who really knows? Munich appears to be silent on this matter.

Of course "iconic red" was available for 2016, but only in the U.K. :(

red-uk-400.jpg

My dealer checked and they're coming out with a red for 2018 on the rt's, so I'll be placing my order this week. I guess they start building them in September so I'll probably get it in November. Sight unseen so I hope the red is a good one.

I would be nervous about ordering a color without seeing it.

FWIW, it seems the K1600GT is going to be out with the "Mars Red" color in 2018. Perhaps that will also be on the RT. Here's a photo:

Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 2.30.17 PM.jpg

Back