Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpine White 2017 R1200RT

Alpine White 2017 R1200RT

Last week a good friend and I were at the local BMW dealer and my friend inquired about an Alpine white R1200RT. The salesman stated they were reluctant to stock white bikes because traditionally they do not sell well! Has anyone with any sales experience had similar experiences with white bikes? Are white bikes just too "Vanilla"? I think the Alpine white is a nice color but my Platinum Bronze RT is nicer!
    2006 DL 650 V-Strom
    2016 R1200RT

Jeff Dean − BMW MOA Co-founder (1972)
    '17 R1200RT, '15 R1200RT, '67 R60/2, '69 R60US, '55 R67/3, '49 R24

DigtlArtst
    White is very cool but some riders only want the fastest color -- Platinum Bronze.

I like the white. I am considering painting mine white at some point and then adding the traditional BMW RED, DARK Blue, BLUE color scheme, something like this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered User RIDERR1150GSADV's Avatar
    My dealer had a white one in the crate and after unwrapping the bike I purchased it on the spot. Maybe I'm the odd one out, but white IS the fastest color...😉 For reference, my brother waited six weeks for his platinum bronze RT. That color is sweet too btw.
    MOA # 108516
    Current ride 2017 R1200RT White
    Past rides '04 R1150RT, '05 K1200LT, '06 R1150GSA

In the Dallas, TX area the white RTs seem to sell fast.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

The white has a pearl-like quality. If it were available last year I would have a white one now.

I have a white GS, and I can totally relate!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I have a white GS, and I can totally relate!
    I do to, but let's be honest, there isn't that much to paint white on a GS!
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511

White

I think its all just plain and simple. People are attracted to different colors. I waited and waited for the R1200GS Adventure to be in white. I bought one. I love the color. People remark all the time on how cool the bike looks!

Remember, there are people out there that think pink hair is beautiful. Well, again, to each their own....

Dennis

PS....I think BMW holds the line on pink....its a no no.....LOL!!
    Dennis and Karin Trovato
    2005 BMW R1200GS (In Europe) //// 2015 BMW R1200GS Adventure (In USA)

Quote Originally Posted by thataintworkin View Post
    I like the white. I am considering painting mine white at some point and then adding the traditional BMW RED, DARK Blue, BLUE color scheme, something like this.
    Take a look at the R1200RT Celebration edition:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6NkUqpjk4Y

Ron
    IBA 45658 MOA167437
    679,111 miles on touring motorcycles

Total BMW miles 440,728

Quote Originally Posted by kellenbenz View Post

Ron
    I watched the video and saw the price of 13,700 Euros. At today's exchange rate (6/25) that's $15,343.

Anyway, the color scheme is nice, but it'd be tough to keep clean after dragging boots across the luggage a few times a day due to arthritis. Oh well, that was then and this is now, alas.
    John Gamel
    2015 Ebony Metallic R1200RT
    BMW CCA 2006 - Present; BMW MOA 2009-Present
    Walt Kelly: "We have met the enemy, and he is us."

Quote Originally Posted by kellenbenz View Post

Ron
    Available in Japan last year. They also had 100 year celebration models for the RS, R, GS and RR.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Colour is important

I decided to buy a new RT a couple of weeks ago and was dismayed to see there was only 3 colours, white, ebony black and the bronze. I mean they're all beautiful but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If I had to, I would go with the bronze but very few of us on this forum are buying these machines to get back and forth to work, we're buying them because this is the way we choose to have fun, relax, seek adventure, etc., etc. So colour makes a big difference, at least it does to me. When I buy a bike, I keep it a long time. I'm just selling my 2005 Goldwing, bought new, and I purchased a 2 year old 2012 rt in late 2014, the platinum bronze/silver (not sure if that is what the colour is called but that is what it looks like) and I really want something with a bright happy colour. My dealer checked and they're coming out with a red for 2018 on the rt's, so I'll be placing my order this week. I guess they start building them in September so I'll probably get it in November. Sight unseen so I hope the red is a good one. That UK red for 2016 would be cool. They're calling it Mares Red I think, whatever colour that might be. If anyone has anymore info on that, chime in please.

Scott
    20150521_113550.jpg

Cowboyatheart
    Quote Originally Posted by snotty54 View Post
    I decided to buy a new RT a couple of weeks ago and was dismayed to see there was only 3 colours, white, ebony black and the bronze. I mean they're all beautiful but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If I had to, I would go with the bronze but very few of us on this forum are buying these machines to get back and forth to work, we're buying them because this is the way we choose to have fun, relax, seek adventure, etc., etc. So colour makes a big difference, at least it does to me. When I buy a bike, I keep it a long time. I'm just selling my 2005 Goldwing, bought new, and I purchased a 2 year old 2012 rt in late 2014, the platinum bronze/silver (not sure if that is what the colour is called but that is what it looks like) and I really want something with a bright happy colour. My dealer checked and they're coming out with a red for 2018 on the rt's, so I'll be placing my order this week. I guess they start building them in September so I'll probably get it in November. Sight unseen so I hope the red is a good one. That UK red for 2016 would be cool. They're calling it Mares Red I think, whatever colour that might be. If anyone has anymore info on that, chime in please.

Scott
    20150521_113550.jpg
    Hey can you ask your dealer what other colours there will be for 2018. I am hoping they do white one more year! Oh and tell us, or PM me. My dealer won't share.
    Moringa, your body & brain will thank you! PM for discounts Smart Mix at TasteMoringa.com
    XM3 Energy, real energy for the body & brain, no sugar high, XM3.Energy