• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Need help picking a seat

taunton92

hello ever one so i just got a 2016 f800gs took it on a 3 day trip and man i need a new seat can you guys give me any advice. thanks alot:banghead

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure your butt is looking forward to some answers/suggestions! :wave

I got the BMW comfort seat and no butt-ache on a 2800 mile trip over 6 days. Add an air hawk2 to that and it's like a lazy boy.

Zee
2000 triumph thunderbird sport
2015 bmw f700gs

hello ever one so i just got a 2016 f800gs took it on a 3 day trip and man i need a new seat can you guys give me any advice. thanks alot:banghead

Title actually reads kinda funny........Welcome to the forum!
'09 F800GS- stock....rough. Stock seat and Alaskan sheep skin (nice people to deal with), somewhat better. Sergeant seat, a bit better. Airhawk on Sargent is about as good as it has been. I guess it's the Noassatol that is the main problem. If I could do a drive in to Russell Day Long- I would.
If you find something, post it up if you can. :wave
Gary

I'd suggest finding a local upholstery shop and asking them to help you out. It'll be way cheaper than any of the custom seat makers, and based in my experience, will lead to better results.

I turned my seat comfort (R1200GS) from a 5/10 to a 9/10 for $65.

Sergeant Seat

Got one of their seats for my 800 GS and it is fantastic. Comfortable from the first install (which is a breeze) and got even better with 1,000 miles.

The Iron Butt Rally begins Monday morning next in the Twin Cities area in Minnesota. If you were in that parking lot Monday morning you would see mostly Russel Day Long seats. That tells me something. In 1999 and 2003 mine was a Bill Mayer Sr. seat. He sold out to Russell.

Low Seat Try Out in Jacksonville Florida

Hello, does anyone have a low seat I can try in the Jax, Fl area? I'd like to see how it affects overall ergonomics on my (new to me) R1150 RTP before making the "investment" and if I would need peg lowering adapters. I'm 5'9" and have about a 30" inseam, with boots I'm on the balls of my feet now. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum! If you don't get much response in this thread, you could try a posting in the Regional forum for Florida and/or look in the Anonymous book and make some calls. Good luck! :thumb

Traded my beloved '05RT with Russell Day Long for '17 F800GS stock seat

Rode 200 miles home from Max's in Troy with new bike. Love the bike, but oh my aching bottom!! Intend to get new Russell DayLong after riding season. Any suggestions for short term relief till I can send in the pan to Russell?? Really want to ride the new toy as much as possible rest of July, Aug, and Sept. My butt can't take the stock seat that long without some help.
Suggestions please.
Thanks.

Rode 200 miles home from Max's in Troy with new bike. Love the bike, but oh my aching bottom!! Intend to get new Russell DayLong after riding season. Any suggestions for short term relief till I can send in the pan to Russell?? Really want to ride the new toy as much as possible rest of July, Aug, and Sept. My butt can't take the stock seat that long without some help.
Suggestions please.
Thanks.

Probably the Airhawk inflatable with the right amount of inflation will get you by. I'd be interested in hearing about the RDL when you get it :thumb
Gary

Airhawk inflatable

Thanks Gary. Never heard of it, so will do some research.
In fact, I bought the GS with a lowered suspension and am counting on the RDL to raise me up an inch or so to make it about perfect. That's what happened with the RT so I bought Wilburs to lower the bike an inch or so. Worked out perfectly.

:thumb
Lots of info on the Airhawk here on the forum. You ca use the "regular" search or the "tag cloud" at the bottom of the page.
Gary

Back