Thread: Hi from Nashville, TN

Hi from Nashville, TN

Hopeful to be a new BMW owner.
    Just joined up to gather some information on BMWs. I'm currently riding a MZ Skorpion Traveller and looking for a "new to me bike".
    I prefer sport-touring oriented bikes (my first model was a 1982 Honda CX500 Turbo I bought new in 1984). I like to run long road trips and the Skorpion is starting to get uncomfortable as I grow older... ...I could do some modifications to the seating position, but that wouldn't do much for how busy it is at 70-75 mph (5-5.5k in a single and not much left on top).

My only experience with a BMW was riding a 1980's R65 (IIRC). An acquaintance was thinking about getting a MZ Skorpion, so we traded rides for a 30 mile trip to give him a feel for mine.

I've looked at pictures of numerous models and read lots of reviews. The 2005 R1200ST has really caught my interest and I hope to do a "fly and ride" in a few weeks to pick one up.
    The forums here have been a big help in seeing what owners thought of that model. Lots of great information and it looks like a lot of the Hexhead GS and RT info is the same (as far as engine/drive train work goes.)
    Any insights on the bike will be appreciated.
    Later on,
    Bill R.

Welcome to the forum, Bill! Lots of choices in bikes to suit your taste these days. Heck, you can even still get an R65!!
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!