• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

new RT

white-rt.jpg

Jeff,

You should get together with Allen Speer for a photo op.
He rode his white RT to the last SEAT breakfast.
Did you do a trade in?

Deryle and Wanda Mehrten
Sierra Vista, AZ USA

That is one sharp looking machine!
Is that from Budd's?
I'll be riding a '17 RT from Wolf as soon as the weather warms up a bit.

Happy trails!

View attachment 62236

My new RT :)

Traded in my 2014 and drove off with this beauty. Seems to me the shifting is much smoother on the 2017, Im not sure if this was a design improvement or just luck of the draw.

(original post had blue tooth questions, got it sorted after many trial and error attempts so I edited the post to remove that content)

cheers
Ron

Ive already noticed some drivers checking their speed on the 3 hour highway drive home. I've been thinking that it could be a good thing, people taking notice of the bike. But on the other hand I have a friend who used to drive ambulance and he spoke of many drivers making erratic decisions when discovering an emergency vehicle in the proximity. Time will tell I guess. For now I'm loving it!

As far as the new damper on the 2017, Id say it makes a marked improvement, very happy with the silky shifting.

Complete the experiment with a half
-helmet and some over-the-calf boots and report back! Ha!

I had to buy a white one 4 weeks ago because they did not make a red one for the US.......

I had a white one (left below). Now it is red (right below). You can have your dream color if you want it enough. Just think of the white RT as a blank slate for you to fill in.

white-to-red.jpg

Now it matches my Granada red R60/2.

union-850.jpg

I rode a white demo home from Max in CT when they had to keep my 2016RT for saddlebag fix. I went by a few construction road works w/cops manning details and they did a double take when I rode by. Had a few cars on I-91 change lanes when I was behind them on the way home.

Thanks Bullet, It is from Budds. They have always treated me right. They serviced my 2007 RT, sold and serviced my 2014 as well as this current model. I think Ill hang onto this one for a longer period. I have since moved from Oakville to Kingston ON and there is no motorrad dealer close by so I will be making the trip to Oakville for major services.

That is one sharp looking machine!
Is that from Budd's?
I'll be riding a '17 RT from Wolf as soon as the weather warms up a bit.

Happy trails!

Red RT

I had a white one (left below). Now it is red (right below). You can have your dream color if you want it enough. Just think of the white RT as a blank slate for you to fill in.

white-to-red.jpg

Now it matches my Granada red R60/2.

union-850.jpg

Hi Jeff:

I love what you did with your RT paintwise. It inspired me to get some additional panels done on my 2018 Mars Red RT. I went a little nuts but I really like the added colour, and it makes me happier when I look at it. Here are a couple of pics:

leftfront.jpg
leftside.jpg

I'd have painted the front fender supports, and back fender if I didn't need to remove the wheel. I don't have the tools for that in my storage unit and I change storage units twice per year (4-5 months over winter in Ft. Lauderdale, 7-8 months in Asheville, NC over summer) so I can't keep a lot of tools in there or I'm spending quite a bit of money on shipping.

I originally got a quote from my dealer to remove/reinstall panels but in the end, after a bit of research, I decided to do it myself and it wasn't too hard, and rewarding.

Scott

Hi Jeff:

I love what you did with your RT paintwise. It inspired me to get some additional panels done on my 2018 Mars Red RT. I went a little nuts but I really like the added colour, and it makes me happier when I look at it. Here are a couple of pics:

View attachment 67273

Scott

Well done! The awful gray nose on the Mars red RT can be fixed. You did it!

Last edited:
I rode a white demo home from Max in CT when they had to keep my 2016RT for saddlebag fix. I went by a few construction road works w/cops manning details and they did a double take when I rode by. Had a few cars on I-91 change lanes when I was behind them on the way home.

My experience with LE looking bikes is that it is nice when the traffic moves over on 4-lanes thinking you are LE, but the pain is when they slow down on a two lane road with no passing areas while thinking the same thing. Overall, seems like no time saved.

They don't appear to make one for the previous gen bikes (2013 in my case). To bad. They look really nice and they're at a great price.

Back