• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Boots that I can walk in

blkb1rd

My old boots are wearing out. All I see are waterproof (TCX fuel) (nothing wrong with that). I live in North Carolina, to hot for WP boots to walk about in (daily rider) Does any one know of slip on boots with a zipper that have the proper protection, can be resoled, Don't look Spock boots ( the wife words) Also I'd like brown. Thanks in advance

Tom Casey
1975 R75/6 Ole Yeller
2006 R12RT Big Red

Tom:
What kind of budget are you looking at? The reason I am asking is there are plenty of work boots out there that are 100% thick leather, with some breathability that will more than keep your feet protected in a slide. Most higher end work boots can be re-soled and reconditioned as well.
https://www.haixusa.com/work-boots/
Any of the Fire boots, USAR or EMS boots that are 100% leather will do the job and they are priced about the same, if not cheaper than moto boots. My pair right now is XR2 (8") and they do a great job, but I am also used to wearing this type of boot. I have spent hours in the saddle as well as pounding pavement and hospital halls in them. My first pair lasted seven years before I sent them in for re-sole and reconditioning. I am not pushing the Haix boots, I am just more familiar with them. Thorgood, 5-11 and Rocky all make solid boots as well. My backup pair, or my run around town pair were Rocky's. I only has to retire them after my kids destroyed them.
I have absolutely no experience with moto specific boots, so I am worthless in that regards. After being in EMS for 17+ years I have so many work boots laying around I have to re-purpose some of them. Just throwing out another option that fits 90% of your requirements. The only area these type of boots will fall flat will be color. EMS and Fire kind of have an affinity for black.
Happy Hunting

Mike

I am not sure about resoling them but I have had the BMW Urban boots (http://www.bmwmotorcycle.com/Urban-...l.htm?productId=-452713&catalogId=-1499&fpg=1) for about 5 years now and they are holding up quite well. Definitely not your typical looking riding boot and they are comfortable enough to where I am not trying to get out of them in a hurry so they may be a great option. Price everywhere is $249, which is not bad for a well constructed, durable, everyday use riding boot with more than adequate protection for the commuter.

lots of MC specific boots that are not waterproof in a wide range of styles. revzilla.com, motorcyclesuperstore.com, etc.

I have been wearing military leather work boots (for work..military) for 36+ years. i do not wear them when riding. not near enough protection. sure, they are leather..but no ankle or shin protection, no built up heel for sliding on back, no hard shift point, etc. gneric work boots are just the wrong tool for the job. imho.

if i am going somewhere on the bike where i know i will be doing a lot of walking, i simply toss another pair of shoes in the side case and change when i get there.

I've experienced all-day walking comfort in Tourmaster WP (water-proof) 2.0.

Slip-on, zip up. Comfy.

However, being black and 'Spock-like,' they are Federation-approved, and therefore do not meet your stringent specifications. :dance

Boots

Agreed. And lace-up boots are just not comfortable on the bike, IMO.

That's what I do.

Harry

Just wait until the first time that loop in the laces gets caught on the footpeg while trying to put your foot back to the ground when stopped. D'OH !

Friedle
seen it too many times still find it hard not to LOL after telling students not to wear lace up boots

I've experienced all-day walking comfort in Tourmaster WP (water-proof) 2.0.

Slip-on, zip up. Comfy.

However, being black and 'Spock-like,' they are Federation-approved, and therefore do not meet your stringent specifications. :dance

+1 on the Tourmaster except I have solution WP air $130 with free shipping think I paid $119 unless you wear them with shorts the pant legs go over the boots they loook like dress shoes from ankle down

I'll be the heretic, my current M/C shoes are Ariat terrain H2O 6" shoes. They're waterproof and likely a half-size too small. Prior to the Ariat's, I wore Hitec Altitude V hiking boots that are now the lawn mowing shoes.

Last edited:
I'll be the heretic, my current M/C shoes are Ariat terrain H2O 6" shoes. They're waterproof and likely a half-size two small. Prior to the Ariat's, I wore Hitec Altitude V hiking boots that are now the lawn mowing shoes.

Relax. No burning at the stake on the agenda.

There are a number of great hiking boots out there with remarkably sturdy ankle support (over those knobby parts of the foot).

I wear a pair of waterproof Columbia's when I teach BRC's. :thumb

Vendramini Marathon Steel. They are WP but breath so we'll that even in summer heat your comfortable. Best boots I've ever owned.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Boots I can walk in

Thank you'll for the helpful tips. here's a few more things you might want to know and my thoughts on the ideas given.
I walk through metal and explosive detectors daily (Nope not the airport), my Cruiser Works boots (9 years old) have plastic shanks as do my composite toe slip on work boots. Talking with others am most likely getting steel shanks and taking them off when I first get to work (my site VP gave us riders a place to hang up helmets and jackets) so I can leave my boots there each morning and slip on simple shoes. I still want something I can walk about in and not be seen as wearing Motorcycle boots (unless am in shorts having taken off my Motoport pants). I like the look of the bates though their protection is not as good as I want. This is to close to the rally to get anything (sorry I think slow and react slower). So the pondering will go on. BTW as far as cost goes I own a BMW so am cheap by nature but am willing to spend for quality.

Thanks every One

Tom Casey

P.S. don't stop giving me ideas though.

Thank you'll for the helpful tips. here's a few more things you might want to know and my thoughts on the ideas given.
I walk through metal and explosive detectors daily (Nope not the airport), my Cruiser Works boots (9 years old) have plastic shanks as do my composite toe slip on work boots. Talking with others am most likely getting steel shanks and taking them off when I first get to work (my site VP gave us riders a place to hang up helmets and jackets) so I can leave my boots there each morning and slip on simple shoes. I still want something I can walk about in and not be seen as wearing Motorcycle boots (unless am in shorts having taken off my Motoport pants). I like the look of the bates though their protection is not as good as I want. This is to close to the rally to get anything (sorry I think slow and react slower). So the pondering will go on. BTW as far as cost goes I own a BMW so am cheap by nature but am willing to spend for quality.

Thanks every One

Tom Casey

P.S. don't stop giving me ideas though.

Actually, BMW owners aren't cheap - just broke, after having bought one! :dance

I've had some Sedici Lorenzo Waterproof boots for a year now. https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/sedici-lorenzo-waterproof-boots $159

Decent protection. Probably most important for you, they are all day comfortable to walk in. Supposedly waterproof, and they never leaked in my commuting in Seattle. However, I'm on a trip right now, and we encountered some heavy heavy rain and they did leak. I suppose anything might leak under the conditions I put them in.

One thing about CycleGear's Sedici products is they have a lifetime warranty. No questions asked.

Chris

Try CRUISERWORKS boots , a light wellington boot that is comfortable to walk in and waterproof . I've owned these boots since 2002 , had them resoled five times and they are still in use . They don't have much arch support if your ride has narrow metal foot pegs(R1100S) but I still like them and they're almost ready for another resole . :)

Back