• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Latest and Greatest Stereo Earbuds

derost

beemerFROG
So I just got a new set of stereo earbuds from Big Ear and these things are amazing! They are the first on the market that allow you to switch between a short cord, long cord, and a bluetooth cord. I have just taken some rides and hooked into my Sena 20S I can't believe the difference. I run XM music through a Garmin 665 in the past had the Garmin at full max, the 20S at full, plus had the audio booster on... and even then I would have preferred it louder during those times I'm totally in the groove flyer through back road corners. Now with these I have boost turned off, the Garmin at about 60%, and the Sena at about 40% volume. Plus they have noise canceling so the white noise of the road is way down.
Love Them!!! :dance
I did a quick video breakdown...

Model?

Doug,

Which model are you showing us? I went to their site and couldn't figure out which ones you have.

Jeff

Hey Jeff,
Looks like they haven't even gotten it up yet... I told you it was new! I got an eblast from them and then contacted them to get more info and order, so I never went through the website myself. Here is a copy of the eblast and the contact info... I went straight to the top and worked with the owner who is very personable.

Glenn Hood
ghood@bigearinc.com
719-271-9081

*** Just in case anyone is wondering, I am not selling this (or any other) product, and I do not have a financial stake in this or any other company I review. I do reviews on stuff I run across to simply give my opinion and (hopefully) help out the riding community and sport. I am also a small business owner myself so my additional motivation is to help support small businesses with honest and straight forward critiques when I feel there product or service should be showcased.

Hey Jeff,
Looks like they haven't even gotten it up yet... I told you it was new! I got an eblast from them and then contacted them to get more info and order, so I never went through the website myself. Here is a copy of the eblast and the contact info... I went straight to the top and worked with the owner who is very personable.

Glenn Hood
ghood@bigearinc.com
719-271-9081

*** Just in case anyone is wondering, I am not selling this (or any other) product, and I do not have a financial stake in this or any other company I review. I do reviews on stuff I run across to simply give my opinion and (hopefully) help out the riding community and sport. I am also a small business owner myself so my additional motivation is to help support small businesses with honest and straight forward critiques when I feel there product or service should be showcased.

I looked at the eblast. $700 for the basic model going up to $1300. Wow!

I had ear plugs made by Big Ear at a BMW MOA rally ... love them and use them regularly. However, I just can't justify $700 for a set of ear buds, especially when a set of Shure SE215s will do what I need for $600 less.

Back