• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Any Tech-Days on the horizon / potential to host? (Mid-Tenn)

belthasar

Hey All,

I have been lurking for a bit :wave , and have thoroughly enjoyed being an MOA member :)thumb), and was "THIS" close to making it to last years Annual Rally, but then life said - yeah, no! :)banghead) (work,kids, you know the drill) ...

Anyways - I am taking ownership of my own repairs and maintenance lately and was wondering if there was / is any area to request or help plan (?) for a tech day? :)scratch)

I am new to wrenching on a BMW, but have always been in charge of my own vehicular repairs within reason, plenty of bike experience just not BMW. In my new found (2.5 yrs ago?) "forever bike" I found I need a bit more "ed-u-ma-cation"... would love to hear from some experienced gear heads, especially in the mid-tenn area. :dunno

Actually id love to have 3-10 bikes show up at my house one afternoon for a Tech Day, but I would likely NOT be the one to lead any such training, as I am just getting my feet wet. (thankfully not with oil or brake fluid - yet!)

Soooo... Any tech-savvy takers in the Mid-Tenn Area? I am in Spring Hill, TN. I have a platform lift, a two car garage, air compressor, pretty decent assortment of tools, and - :beer (potentially scotch if we get super technical and need the proper troubleshooting mental lubricant!). :thumb (Bed, Couch, Floor space etc - will of course be provided if the need arises! - Ride Safe!)

My ride is a 2007 BMW R1200RT.
My project re-build is a 1974 Honda CB200T :)

Last edited:
Welcome belthasar:wave

At some point, many of us have had the life gets in the way situation...just the way it goes sometimes:thumb

Are you a member of a local club? If not, here is a link to the club listings. An opportunity to locate folks in your area who may have , or welcome an opportunity for a host of a tech session.

http://www.bmwmoa.org/?page=clublisting

I'm a member of the BMW Motorcycle Owners Club of Nashville. Come on out. Check out our website at www.bmwmcon.org for schedule of what's happening.
Our monthly meetings are on the first Tuesday of the month - usually at a local restaurant, sometimes at the local BMW dealer, Bloodworth's.

Back