• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tire Vendors @ the Rally

jgoertz

This is my first MOA Rally. I will most likely need new tires by the time I get to SLC. Will there be slots available for getting tires (15 R1200RT) purchased/mounted from a selection of vendors after I arrive at the rally? Or should I just contact BMW of Utah in advance and schedule a set of tires/mounting for the rally timeslot? (I should be arriving sometime Wednesday 7/12/17)

Thanks for any suggestions!

And there is a BMW bike dealer in town: http://www.harrisoneurosports.com/ if you want specific tires. I contacted them: if I want Pilot Road 4 Trail tires for my wethead GS, I would need to order them through that dealer, since they don't normally carry that tire.

Harry

Check the June ON for the FAQs of the rally. They specifically mention the local dealer open extra hours to deal with rally attendees who might want services.

There are usually at least two vendors selling and installing tires at the national rallies. Don't wait until late Friday or Saturday morning to get on the list, they usually get booked up and may not get you in before closing.

Does anyone know WHO the on-site vendors are, and hopefully have contact information?

I'll be looking for a Pilot Road 4GT (rear) to put on my GS, and want to make certain they will have one in that size reserved for me.

Thanks!

Jim
Canton, OH

Paul, I did not know they sold tires, so I went to their site, did not see any. Still, you have been to lots of rallies. Did you mean to say they sold tires and installed them at the rally? I recall seeing a tire vendor at Das Rally who was very busy, but did not remember the name.

No Mar has been installing tires at the last 7 rallies I have attended. Get in early, they have a long line of bikes waiting toward the afternoon. They have a big inventory of tires from various brands in various sizes.

Should we assume that when Michelin and Continental are listed as vendors, that they will be mounting tires, or will this just be done by the third party vendors?

That has to be the worst tire web site I have ever seen! Try to select a tire by size? nope, do they list all sizes somewhere? nope!

But when I got to the rally they had what I needed. If not there are dealers on the way home.

That has to be the worst tire web site I have ever seen! Try to select a tire by size? nope, do they list all sizes somewhere? nope!

Not necessarily a bad sign. Many companies have a web site just because they are expected to have a web site.........and are too busy to keep it up and "snazzy".
Some of the best websites I have seen are "drop-ship johnnies" cuz they really don't "exist".
OM

I have nothing but good things to say about NoMar when working with them at the rally site. I have been able to get the exact tires I needed (Michelin PR4) at two different rallies, have them installed and ride away at a fair price. They do know this is a BMW rally and have a good idea of the various tires that are popular for many of the bikes we ride. I would recommend that you speak to them soon after getting to the rally rather than leave it to the end due to availability of stock and install time slots. Happy riding.

Back