• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Changing tires in Yukon

jrowland

Heading up the Dempster in June. Does anyone have information on where you can change tires in Dawson City? Can you ship the tires ahead and have them changed when you arrive?
Thanks

Thanks, please forgive my ignorance but what does PM mean?

Welcome to the forum!
A PM or Private Message is sort of like an e-mail but is contained through the Forum's software. It's accessed through the Private Message box just under the MOA picture in the tool bar.
Enjoy Alaska :wave

Gary

Welcome to the forum!
A PM or Private Message is sort of like an e-mail but is contained through the Forum's software. It's accessed through the Private Message box just under the MOA picture in the tool bar.
Enjoy Alaska :wave

Gary

Or simply right click on AKBeemers name beside his post and the option will come up for you to pm him.

Flat on the Cassiar

I was traveling with two buddies on our BMWs up the Cassiar Highway from Prince Rupert to Alaska in 2004 and we were stopped at a turnout. A semi truck headed the other way spotted us and pulled over. He told us that a motorcycle was 5 miles up the road with a flat tire, so we hopped on the bikes and zipped off. Now, this was a particularly barren stretch, perhaps more than 100 miles from the next gas station. Sure enough, there was a fellow sitting beside his loaded GS, looking forlorn. He had hit a larger rock on a short gravel stretch and the tire had the bead broken and separated from the rim. As we pulled up and I got off the bike, reached in my pannier and the first thing I said was "I hope you appreciate that we have been riding from New Mexico just to bring you this can of Fix-a-Flat!" We got the bike up on the center stand and I pulled out my length of 3/8" line with loops at each end. We wrapped it completely around the tire and twisted it like a tourniquet with a screwdriver, setting the bead of the tire against the rim. Then, I filled it with the Fix-a-Flat, topping it off with a pump. All the while, the fellow just stood there speechless and dumbfounded. Soon, he was off again and said "Thanks guys!"

Back