Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's do a Canada meet up at the Beer Garden!

Quote Originally Posted by bogthebasher View Post
    Hey guys I have paid up for the rally and had an interesting route planned to and from and then... a week ago suffered a heart attack and a few more subsequent aftershocks. I will be getting out of the hospital soon however, my Cardiologist is saying do the rehab and until I get an all clear no driving which will likely be six or so weeks. I tried the motorcycling is riding thing which did not amuse her. I will not be able to join you but my heart will be with you. Have fun!!!!

Ken

Wow Ken, sorry to hear that, but glad your still here to tell us. Hope to see you back out on the bike in the future. Take care.
    Ed Miller, Calgary, AB
    2008 K1200GT, 2009 F800GS
    I can't wait to retire and have a fixed income. The one I have now is always broke.

Hey guys I have paid up for the rally and had an interesting route planned to and from and then... a week ago suffered a heart attack and a few more subsequent aftershocks. I will be getting out of the hospital soon however, my Cardiologist is saying do the rehab and until I get an all clear no driving which will likely be six or so weeks. I tried the motorcycling is riding thing which did not amuse her. I will not be able to join you but my heart will be with you. Have fun!!!!

Ken
    Will meet on our way through Calgary but we will also be in touch on regular email prior to that. Take care of yourself and we look forward to seeing you on our way west (should be in Calgary for three days). - Bob and Mary
    Bob Weber
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

Ken
    Sorry to hear this Ken. Take care
    Martin. BMW MOA Ambassador.17748
    BMW MOA Charter, Life member.
    Valley BMW Riders. British Columbia.

Dress for fall & avoid it AlanColes's Avatar
    Paying attention to the Doc won't be fun but should get you back in the saddle, for longer, sooner. As has been said, we'll raise a glass and toast to a speedy and great recovery.
    Regards, Alan - President BMWONS - MOA Charter Club #097, BMWMOA/BMWRA/BMWONS/Airheads
    Current: '14 R1200RT / '06 Ducati ST3s / '91 R100GS / '86 R80RT / '75 R90S / '73 850 & '70 750 Commando Prev: '04 R1150RT / '81 Honda GL1100 / '77 Suzuki GS750 / '73 Norton 850 Commando

Date = Friday July 14
    Time = 6:30 pm to 7:00 pm or later depending on consumption rate and length of jokes
    Area = Beer Garden

Bob (tourunigo) is bringing a Canada flag, look for that.
    I will bring the second most patriotic flag, a green Riders flag and the "Hello my name is" tags which you will have to fill out
    like you do your census forms: completely, accurately and a select few will have to do the long form.

Non- Canadians are welcome to join in, but are required to view the following educational video prior to attending

No pithy comments available at this time.
    Please check back later.

Ed Kilner #176066
    Quote Originally Posted by tourunigo View Post
    We're bringing a large Canadian flag that could be displayed..... will that help bring order and direction for all the Canadian cats interested in taking part? - Bob
    Found your tent by the flag / sign last year. Bringing one this year.

Also, went to dollar store, got name tags + flag sticker which I will be wearing. Hope to carry spares for others, so stop and ask foe one if you like.
    Ed
    2015 R1200RT; 2011 R1200RT RIP; 2000 Triumph 900 (sold)
    http://triumphantsblog.blogspot.ca/

Ed Kilner #176066

Ken
    Seems to be going around. Glad I met you last year, will miss you this year. Got 2 stents last November and did the rehab, very worthwhile. Able to go to SLC.
    Ed

Quote Originally Posted by BMW Triumphant View Post

Also, went to dollar store, got name tags + flag sticker which I will be wearing. Hope to carry spares for others, so stop and ask foe one if you like.
    Excellent. Looking forward to the gathering. We have been on the road since June 10. Went to St John's, Nfld to start tracking the Trans-Canada Highway. The weather, wind and pot-hole gods have been somewhat playful with us but all is fine now. Sault Set Marie tomorrow and then to coast. Then to rally..... we won't be hard to find. See you then (can you save us two tags?) - Bob
    Bob Weber
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com

Ed Kilner #176066
    Excellent. Looking forward to the gathering. We have been on the road since June 10. Went to St John's, Nfld to start tracking the Trans-Canada Highway. The weather, wind and pot-hole gods have been somewhat playful with us but all is fine now. Sault Set Marie tomorrow and then to coast. Then to rally..... we won't be hard to find. See you then (can you save us two tags?) - Bob
    You bet.
    Ed

Quote Originally Posted by BMW Triumphant View Post

Do you have enough name tags to go around?
    That way I can save $1 and spend it on beer.
    No pithy comments available at this time.
    Please check back later.

Drop by if you get a chance.
    Martin. BMW MOA Ambassador.17748
    BMW MOA Charter, Life member.
    Valley BMW Riders. British Columbia.

Local (Salt Lake City) Canadian Ex-Pat

Returning rider (Canadian ex-pat) living in Salt Lake City, Utah for the last 11 years. I hope to join you all. Originally from Windsor, Ontario (born and raised - I tell people Detroit - easier to explain). Dirt bikes growing up, then a few road bikes and then without wheels for over 25 years as life got in the way. Took the plunge back a couple of months ago – been eyeing this for years - bought a 1998 F650 Funduro this April. Relearning the ins and outs of road riding again but being safe and loving it so far!

Looking forward to the rally as this will be my first one and ’m posting this from my downtown office about 2 miles away from the site of the rally. If you haven’t been to SLC it is a pretty cool place and there are a plethora of riding opportunities in our local mountains – ˝ hour ride and you are up at 7,500 feet (the city/rally is at 4200 feet) to escape the heat. SLC has a good and growing local beer/bar scene – OK, we’re not Portland or Seattle but we’re making slow progress.

I hope to join you all for a drink!

TravelsWithBarley.com
    I thought we were having the Red Dog Saloon Friday afternoon...with all welcome. Heck, maybe I'll just take my bottle of fine Scotch to Camp Glockenspiel instead!

'12 R1200GSA for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Tulliver

http://travelswithbarley.com/

Quote Originally Posted by glenfiddich View Post
    I thought we were having the Red Dog Saloon Friday afternoon...with all welcome. Heck, maybe I'll just take my bottle of fine Scotch to Camp Glockenspiel instead!

Dang, looks like a big of logistical work is to be done. Any suggestions on this? - Bob
    Bob Weber
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Dang, looks like a big of logistical work is to be done. Any suggestions on this? - Bob
    Well, we could do the Red Dog at 5:30 when the seminars are over. Give the Canadians a head start since the beer is 3.2

I even have Red Dog decals to pass out this year!

Pete and Tully
    '12 R1200GSA for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Tulliver

http://travelswithbarley.com/