• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Let's do a Canada meet up at the Beer Garden!

Canadian beer garden?!!

I'm in. Currently in West Kelowna but grew up in Regina. It would be fun to drink some beer Canada style!

How do you know?

University Pub Crawls (many years ago). :hungover Ongoing joke was to be sure and put your address on the tag as well. It never really got that bad I suppose but every time I have the occasion to use a name tag I think of it. Much saner now. - Bob

Ed, You are going to be too busy at the sign committee!:ca::drink

It was something like that that did prevent me from getting to last year's meetup. Had just left, got recalled to help out Bill Wiegand's photographer transfer a "few" files from his camera. By the time I was able to get away, there was no sign of the gathering.

Dang...the rest of us better get to the beer garden before the Canadians or there won't be any beer left! :)

Hey guys I have paid up for the rally and had an interesting route planned to and from and then... a week ago suffered a heart attack and a few more subsequent aftershocks. I will be getting out of the hospital soon however, my Cardiologist is saying do the rehab and until I get an all clear no driving which will likely be six or so weeks. I tried the motorcycling is riding thing which did not amuse her. I will not be able to join you but my heart will be with you. Have fun!!!!

Ken

Hey guys I have paid up for the rally and had an interesting route planned to and from and then... a week ago suffered a heart attack and a few more subsequent aftershocks. I will be getting out of the hospital soon however, my Cardiologist is saying do the rehab and until I get an all clear no driving which will likely be six or so weeks. I tried the motorcycling is riding thing which did not amuse her. I will not be able to join you but my heart will be with you. Have fun!!!!

Ken

Listen to your Cardiologist! There will be more rallies in the future -- make sure you're able to attend them!

Ken

Wow Ken, sorry to hear that, but glad your still here to tell us. Hope to see you back out on the bike in the future. Take care.

Ken

Will meet on our way through Calgary but we will also be in touch on regular email prior to that. Take care of yourself and we look forward to seeing you on our way west (should be in Calgary for three days). - Bob and Mary

Ken

Sorry to hear this Ken. Take care

Paying attention to the Doc won't be fun but should get you back in the saddle, for longer, sooner. As has been said, we'll raise a glass and toast to a speedy and great recovery.

Date = Friday July 14
Time = 6:30 pm to 7:00 pm or later depending on consumption rate and length of jokes
Area = Beer Garden

Bob (tourunigo) is bringing a Canada flag, look for that.
I will bring the second most patriotic flag, a green Riders flag and the "Hello my name is" tags which you will have to fill out
like you do your census forms: completely, accurately and a select few will have to do the long form.

Non- Canadians are welcome to join in, but are required to view the following educational video prior to attending

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/04u58ifxmRA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:ca:drink:buds:beer

We're bringing a large Canadian flag that could be displayed..... will that help bring order and direction for all the Canadian cats interested in taking part? - Bob :ca

Found your tent by the flag / sign last year. Bringing one this year.

Also, went to dollar store, got name tags + flag sticker which I will be wearing. Hope to carry spares for others, so stop and ask foe one if you like.

Ken

Seems to be going around. Glad I met you last year, will miss you this year. Got 2 stents last November and did the rehab, very worthwhile. Able to go to SLC.

Also, went to dollar store, got name tags + flag sticker which I will be wearing. Hope to carry spares for others, so stop and ask foe one if you like.

Excellent. Looking forward to the gathering. We have been on the road since June 10. Went to St John's, Nfld to start tracking the Trans-Canada Highway. The weather, wind and pot-hole gods have been somewhat playful with us but all is fine now. Sault Set Marie tomorrow and then to coast. Then to rally..... we won't be hard to find. See you then (can you save us two tags?) - Bob

Excellent. Looking forward to the gathering. We have been on the road since June 10. Went to St John's, Nfld to start tracking the Trans-Canada Highway. The weather, wind and pot-hole gods have been somewhat playful with us but all is fine now. Sault Set Marie tomorrow and then to coast. Then to rally..... we won't be hard to find. See you then (can you save us two tags?) - Bob

You bet.

Do you have enough name tags to go around?
That way I can save $1 and spend it on beer.

Back