• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Let's do a Canada meet up at the Beer Garden!

squiffynimrod

blah blah blah
Hey, if we're going to be 150 we might as well do it right!

I missed the Billings meet up 2 years ago when I broke my ankle 2 weeks before the rally. I am healed, bike is healed and I'm gonna be there!

Fellow Canucks, unite!
Funny-Canada-Meme-11.jpg

I'm in. Also missed last year doing Security duty at the campground entrance. Need to set:
Date =
Time =
Area =

Myself and 2 friends, all Canadian, will be frequenting the beer garden and are looking forward to meeting other Canadians over a beer or several!:ca

1/3 of the way there
Nice try. :)

The beer garden is usually a pretty good size and sometimes, not under one tent/shelter, etc. So I was wondering if there might be a specific general area/section.

Last year, I only connected on two of the three "Beer Garden" meetups that I had scheduled, because with the third one I didn't know any of the participants and therefore had no way of knowing which group it was, short of walking around with a cardboard sign.

Probably didn't help that I ran into friends who wanted to introduce me to some other riders and, well, you know how it goes, sit me down with a beer :beerand new people to talk to :budsand it can be some time before I remember why I went there in the first place.:banghead ;)

We're bringing a large Canadian flag that could be displayed..... will that help bring order and direction for all the Canadian cats interested in taking part? - Bob :ca

We're bringing a large Canadian flag that could be displayed..... will that help bring order and direction for all the Canadian cats interested in taking part? - Bob :ca

We will still need a day and time. Hoping that it will be in the early evening, not when many of us might be busy volunteering.

We will still need a day and time. Hoping that it will be in the early evening, not when many of us might be busy volunteering.

good point Paul. Mary and I are doing some shuttle service in Thurs and Fri. afternoon ("Need A Ride eh?")....or more if needed. Looking forward to that gig but want to be sure to be at the Canuck Correl also.

Bob, yes please bring the flag. We have a place and a locator (flag).
I'll bring what I promised for Billings until I had to bail:
custom_template_hello_my_name_is_rectangular_sticker-rd38d275f70f645e0b7edd85049d125ac_v9wxo_8by.jpg

I know that everyone will be busy at the rally. I think that an early evening meet might work out best. After volunteering, seminars and dinner but before entertainment.

We still have time to get this put together so put your ideas out there and let's see what sticks.

View attachment 61953

I know that everyone will be busy at the rally. I think that an early evening meet might work out best. After volunteering, seminars and dinner but before entertainment.

We still have time to get this put together so put your ideas out there and let's see what sticks.

I think I stole your idea for my visit to Das Rally. Unfortunately, they went to waste. Still, I will look at the local Dollar Stores for some kind of Canadian flag or other thing to pin on a shirt. Should help a bit.

View attachment 61953

:thumb the tags will be even more useful, as the evening wears on, because you can wear it upside down in case someone asks your name whilst ye be wandering about (ask me how I know..... ) - Bob

Back