Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Does anyone use Airbnb when touring?

Loma Prieta area of the Santa Cruz Mts., CA

Fellow BMW rider and AirBnB host

If anyone ends up in the Santa Cruz area of California we have a guest suite up on AirBnB. ( www.airbnb.com/rooms/350780 ) We're up on the Mts above Soquel right off on of the best Mt roads in the central coast. If you have problem getting here when you thought you would due to unforeseen circumstances like "we found a great brewery" or whatever, we can work around that provided the suite isn't booked otherwise.

We also have plenty of deck space, 3 hammocks in the Redwoods, and an outdoor queen bed so we could accommodate a group of riders. Being a rider myself I would be happy to play guide and take you around the on some of the best motorcycling roads and places this area has to offer from SF to Big Sur.,Skyline Blvd. for lunch at Alice's Restaurant, Hwy 1 to Nepenthe the quintessential California spot, and all points in-between.

If you are interested just shoot me an email and we can work it out. Also if you find yourself in a pickle and need a place, give me a shout, I've got a garage and tools. IMG_5716.jpgBackyard Spring '11.jpg

Enjoy the ride,
    Mark

Look like a nice place Mark. My mom used to live right at the border of Nisene Marks State Forest in Aptos, which is probably not far from you. We used to go the "Pink Godzilla" sushi bar some, but I guess it's closed.

Nothing like the life on Monterey Bay!
    John Gamel
    2015 Ebony Metallic R1200RT
    BMW CCA 2006 - Present; BMW MOA 2009-Present
    Walt Kelly: "We have met the enemy, and he is us."

Loma Prieta area of the Santa Cruz Mts., CA

Pink Godzilla gone but not forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by ExGMan View Post
    Look like a nice place Mark. My mom used to live right at the border of Nisene Marks State Forest in Aptos, which is probably not far from you. We used to go the "Pink Godzilla" sushi bar some, but I guess it's closed.

Nothing like the life on Monterey Bay!
    Loved Pink Godzilla but it is (unfortunately) gone. Fortunately there are other great sushi places to enjoy in the area. I think Pink Godzilla changed hands then went right down the toilet.

The top of Nisene Marks (Buzzard's Gulch) is just a little east of our place and is a huge international draw for Mtn bikers as the trails are world class for the maniacs that like "balls out" down single tracks.

We absolutely love where we live. 15 minutes from Silicon Valley in one direction and 15 minutes to toes in the sand in the other.

We welcome airbnb travelers

We have a motorcycle themed campground in Wy and are hooked up with airbnb folks for some of our bookings. We get a lot of guests thru them for our cabins we rent. The foreign travelers really love them as do our domestic guests. We have only had a couple cancellations but early enough to accommodate. Our season is short ( 110 day s or so,) so as a traveler booking, we appreciate people who book and show up of course. When on a bike, so understandable with delays. As hosts, we do our best to accommodate. The savings on airbnb is nice too. Get to meet and greet on a more personal level then a large hotel chain.. Come visit us ,www.wowmccg.com, we'll leave the light on,,,, oh wait, that line has already been taken, how about, we'll have a cold beer waiting,,,,,