• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Parking at Motels/Hotels

72r60/7

This is the worst overnight parking job I have ever seen in front of a hotel/ motel. 6pm till 8am plus the next morning. Don't know any details, but desk persons were utterly amazed.

IMG_5300.jpg

Charlie

Um, why didn't someone move it?

The rider was rude to park like that, but I would not be happy if someone moved my bike without asking.
The motel staff should have called his room and told him to move the bike.
The front desk clerk could have reminded him to move bike when he was done unloading.

Not exactly the same thing but once when I checked into a hotel I was asked if I was going to park the bike in my room. I thought I heard wrong so I asked the clerk to repeat. I was told if I wanted to park my bike in the room that there was an available room a couple doors down that I could put it in. I was in North Carolina and it was later then I usually stop for to get a room. Most of the hotels going down the main road had no vacancy signs lit. I found a not so good looking hotel that had a vacancy and decided that if I was going to stay somewhere tonight it had to be there. No, I do not put the bike in the room.

The rider was rude to park like that, but I would not be happy if someone moved my bike without asking.

If one parks in the middle of the street one might expect to have their vehicle moved for them. :dunno

At hotels I usually just park in the parking lot. The only time that I park under the front door canopy is when it is offered to me without me asking.

At hotels I usually just park in the parking lot. The only time that I park under the front door canopy is when it is offered to me without me asking.

If they have a wide canopy with room to park to the side and the weather is bad, we ask. Most of the time they say yes. Sometimes the local fire laws do not allow a vehicle to be parked in front of the entrance, or the desk clerk does not know if it's allowed.
One time in Texas when a nasty storm was moving through the desk clerk called our room and asked if we wanted to move the bikes into the lobby.
I went outside and saw the building was protecting the bikes from the wind and left them were they where.

Last edited:
I park in the hotel parking lot. The bike is insured (just like my other vehicles). Something happens, I call my insurance agent and all is well.

Several years back at a supermarket a guy actually parked his motorcycle {IN} the cart coral ! As he was returning to it an elder woman bumped it with her cart....He went nuts...another shopper & myself intervened , he continued to rant , but did stop threatening her. Someone called the PD, the rider went off on him !.......cut to the chase.......the rider left the scene in the back of the Ford.....the motorcycle left on the roll-back.....:)

Several years back at a supermarket a guy actually parked his motorcycle {IN} the cart coral ! As he was returning to it an elder woman bumped it with her cart....He went nuts...another shopper & myself intervened , he continued to rant , but did stop threatening her. Someone called the PD, the rider went off on him !.......cut to the chase.......the rider left the scene in the back of the Ford.....the motorcycle left on the roll-back.....:)

An excellent resolution!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

another vote for under the canopy

even though we cover our bikes, my wife and i usually ask (and get approval) to park under the canopy.

The motel staff should have called his room and told him to move the bike.
The front desk clerk could have reminded him to move bike when he was done unloading.

Agreed. That would have been the way to handle it.

Fork may have been locked, so 'moving the bike' may not have been an option in any case.

Rude behavior for sure. Hopefully, patrons noticed the brand and didn't lump all of us into that category. :dunno

Agreed. That would have been the way to handle it.

Fork may have been locked, so 'moving the bike' may not have been an option in any case.

Rude behavior for sure. Hopefully, patrons noticed the brand and didn't lump all of us into that category. :dunno

Shirley you jest! Non-riders aren't very discriminating about brands. Generally all they know is "Harley", and possibly "not Harley". So yes, that idiot tarred everyone, not just clowns on red H-D's.

Hey, fork lifts are easy to rent and operate. :laugh

Yeah, but it's America. Touch the bike, the Biker will claim to be threatened and justified in shooting you. If you live, you can take him to court.

As is, you walk away and let someone else, who is really inconvenienced, deal with it.

Motel Parking

The little old lady arriving to check in during the rainstorm will move it, don't worry. I'll bet it is the same jerk that parks in the handicapped spot right in front of the entrance at the supermarket doors.

Friedle

Back