• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Paducah to Kansas City

elgin mary

I need some help going from Paducah Kentucky to Kansas City Missouri to avoid going through St. Louis. I'm going to the rally in SLC. Been through St. Louis once in the bike last year. Don't want to repeat the experience.

Thanks,

It's been years since I was on it, but US 160 in southern Missouri seemed pretty nice. You could work your way over to Branson, then north various routes to get back up to I-70 just east of KC. If you want to get back on the interstate sooner, find a path over to St. Clair, MO, then Hwy 47 north to Washington and Warrenton.

I would take US 60 west until west of St. Louis. Then anything interesting north and west to KC. 60 all the way to Joplin and then north on 71 would be an OK ride, but 19, 21, 49, etc are more fun N-S roads.

Take US 60 west cross Mississippi and Ohio near Cairo ( in Illinois pronounced like the corn syrup) stay on 60 until you get to Missouri Route 19 go north to Salem Missouri ( 60 to Salem Ozark scenic waterway area very nice spend a day in area) from Salem north on US 63 to route 50 than over to K.C. Or go up to I70 and over to KC

I need some help going from Paducah Kentucky to Kansas City Missouri to avoid going through St. Louis. I'm going to the rally in SLC. Been through St. Louis once in the bike last year. Don't want to repeat the experience.

Thanks,

I grew up in Paducah and now live in Kansas City. I am planning to ride down to Paducah for my first real road trip on a motorcycle this summer so have been looking into routes. I was planning on using a different route each way. This is the one I was thinking about using to get down there: https://goo.gl/maps/RsDiV4mZc3q (in reverse obviously) and this one the one I was going to return on: https://goo.gl/maps/BUfBtqCRWfT2 .

If you need any recommendations for anything in Kansas City let me know. If you get a chance hit Joe's Kansas City or Stroud's while you are out here for a great meal from local chains.

Skip the Springfield MO. Area follow the Current River, Jacks Fork, Big Piney Ozark Scenic Riverways .
Montauk state park kinda halfway,lodge good restaurant nice camping areas old mill and trout be ready when the horn blows at 6:00 AM.
I said spend a day in this area a week would be about right.

Skip the Springfield MO. Area follow the Current River, Jacks Fork, Big Piney Ozark Scenic Riverways .
Montauk state park kinda halfway,lodge good restaurant nice camping areas old mill and trout be ready when the horn blows at 6:00 AM.
I said spend a day in this area a week would be about right.

Lambert's is worth visiting in Springfield anyway :)

I would take US 60 west until west of St. Louis. Then anything interesting north and west to KC. 60 all the way to Joplin and then north on 71 would be an OK ride, but 19, 21, 49, etc are more fun N-S roads.

Plus one on Hwy 21 and 19 North 19 will take you to 50 to KC, or you can stay on 19 all the way up to 36 out of Hannibal. Great curves and have ridden them many times. I'm heading on 50 to Sedalia/KC, and then vectoring north to 36 west. Or may hop on 70 west to Colby and then north to 36 west to 25 north in Colorado to catch up to 14 west to Steamboat. But I'm heading out a little early to go to Idaho for the GS Giant pre-rally. Heading north out of Steamboat up 129 and various roads to Ririe Idaho. Depending on your time span, 19 to 36 is quite a bit longer ride so allow plenty of time.

If you are looking for relatively uncongested limited access 4 lane then this:
Paducah - 60 - Springfield - 13 - Clinton - 7 - Harrisonville - I 49 - KC

I'll be doing the reverse next week this way.

I 49 to 7 with lunch at Cow Patties in Warsaw, MO.

7 to 5 to 54N pick up 42 Osage Beach, MO

42 to 63, 68, 8, 19 and 49 to 32 at Bixby to Bixby Country Store for a break.

Then to rap up the day 32 to 21, 72 to Cape Girardeau.

Marty

Back