Thread: Paducah to Kansas City

Paducah to Kansas City

I need some help going from Paducah Kentucky to Kansas City Missouri to avoid going through St. Louis. I'm going to the rally in SLC. Been through St. Louis once in the bike last year. Don't want to repeat the experience.

Thanks,
    Mary
    2007 R1200RT, gone
    2009 R1200RT, gone
    2014 R1200RTW, GREAT

It's been years since I was on it, but US 160 in southern Missouri seemed pretty nice. You could work your way over to Branson, then north various routes to get back up to I-70 just east of KC. If you want to get back on the interstate sooner, find a path over to St. Clair, MO, then Hwy 47 north to Washington and Warrenton.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

I would take US 60 west until west of St. Louis. Then anything interesting north and west to KC. 60 all the way to Joplin and then north on 71 would be an OK ride, but 19, 21, 49, etc are more fun N-S roads.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Take US 60 west cross Mississippi and Ohio near Cairo ( in Illinois pronounced like the corn syrup) stay on 60 until you get to Missouri Route 19 go north to Salem Missouri ( 60 to Salem Ozark scenic waterway area very nice spend a day in area) from Salem north on US 63 to route 50 than over to K.C. Or go up to I70 and over to KC

Quote Originally Posted by elgin mary View Post
    I need some help going from Paducah Kentucky to Kansas City Missouri to avoid going through St. Louis. I'm going to the rally in SLC. Been through St. Louis once in the bike last year. Don't want to repeat the experience.

Thanks,
    I grew up in Paducah and now live in Kansas City. I am planning to ride down to Paducah for my first real road trip on a motorcycle this summer so have been looking into routes. I was planning on using a different route each way. This is the one I was thinking about using to get down there: https://goo.gl/maps/RsDiV4mZc3q (in reverse obviously) and this one the one I was going to return on: https://goo.gl/maps/BUfBtqCRWfT2 .

If you need any recommendations for anything in Kansas City let me know. If you get a chance hit Joe's Kansas City or Stroud's while you are out here for a great meal from local chains.

Skip the Springfield MO. Area follow the Current River, Jacks Fork, Big Piney Ozark Scenic Riverways .
    Montauk state park kinda halfway,lodge good restaurant nice camping areas old mill and trout be ready when the horn blows at 6:00 AM.
    I said spend a day in this area a week would be about right.

Quote Originally Posted by 179212 View Post
    Skip the Springfield MO. Area follow the Current River, Jacks Fork, Big Piney Ozark Scenic Riverways .
    Montauk state park kinda halfway,lodge good restaurant nice camping areas old mill and trout be ready when the horn blows at 6:00 AM.
    I said spend a day in this area a week would be about right.
    Lambert's is worth visiting in Springfield anyway

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    I would take US 60 west until west of St. Louis. Then anything interesting north and west to KC. 60 all the way to Joplin and then north on 71 would be an OK ride, but 19, 21, 49, etc are more fun N-S roads.
    Plus one on Hwy 21 and 19 North 19 will take you to 50 to KC, or you can stay on 19 all the way up to 36 out of Hannibal. Great curves and have ridden them many times. I'm heading on 50 to Sedalia/KC, and then vectoring north to 36 west. Or may hop on 70 west to Colby and then north to 36 west to 25 north in Colorado to catch up to 14 west to Steamboat. But I'm heading out a little early to go to Idaho for the GS Giant pre-rally. Heading north out of Steamboat up 129 and various roads to Ririe Idaho. Depending on your time span, 19 to 36 is quite a bit longer ride so allow plenty of time.

If you are looking for relatively uncongested limited access 4 lane then this:
    Paducah - 60 - Springfield - 13 - Clinton - 7 - Harrisonville - I 49 - KC
    Neal - '16 R1200GS / '81 R65

Quote Originally Posted by rguy View Post
    Springfield - 13 - Clinton - 7 - Harrisonville - I 49 - KC
    We take this each year going to Arkansas. Works good.
    Smith Family Restaurant in Collins, Mo. is a good place to eat.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

I'll be doing the reverse next week this way.

I 49 to 7 with lunch at Cow Patties in Warsaw, MO.

7 to 5 to 54N pick up 42 Osage Beach, MO

42 to 63, 68, 8, 19 and 49 to 32 at Bixby to Bixby Country Store for a break.

Then to rap up the day 32 to 21, 72 to Cape Girardeau.

Marty
    "Whether you think you can...or you think you can't -- you're right"