• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Driving lights

F

fishpd

I would like to install driving lights on my 97 R1100RT. Since I am all for learning from others' successes and misadventures, I would appreciate hearing from first hand experience. This is deer country and shoulder illumination is a good thing. However, reaching out is also good. I would like one strong beam to run in conjunction with the high beam and a wider beam to operate with the low beam. I would also like the light housings to match. My 92 PD is setup this way, but I haven't found suitable lights for the RT. Suggestions?

John Florine

I like PIAA 910s on empdesigns.com brackets.

I believe the 910 is being end-of-lifed, so you may have a hard time finding them. Any 100W driving lamp would probably work fine on the emp brackets that place them up high, over the mirrors.

155419-M.jpg

10602-M.jpg

14746-M.jpg

Deer are so plentiful where I live, they are considered almost vermin. I have a set of moto lights on my bike, and I like them a lot. I can see deer eyes way out there and pretty far off the road. I have had 6 friends hit deer on motorcycles and many more than that with cages. The moto lights work great, but it would come down to what you like and can afford, since there are many really good lighting systems out there. Mine are fork mounted, and there are caliper mounts available also.

Back