• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2018 Slogan

Perhaps the MOA should start a contest so members could come up with a slogan for the 2018 rally examples, das rally,crossroads in hell etc.
For Iowa:
It's not Utah
On the back of a cow you can see over the corn
Beer sales not by Utah rules
Come for the rain stay for the floods
Variety of crops: GMO corn and non-GMO corn
Beans make ye fart

(In your best Bubba voice): Iowa; corn on the cob, creamed corn, corn bread, corn flakes, corn syrup, corn...

Sloe gin

Let's try to come up with a positive slogan
You can see a pretty girl a long way off
You can walk for miles and not fall off a cliff

We rode up to Saskatchewan last summer. Didn't get very far north but found the terrain had some small rolling hills and was quite nice to ride in. I've driven across it once and did see the endless flatness pictured earlier.

Rally slogan

how about this:

BMWMOA: Children of the corn!

PS Am actively looking for a corn beer to replace our traditional wheat beer.

MAD DOG
Rally Beer Garden Chair:drink

Corn child

how about this:

BMWMOA: Children of the corn!

PS Am actively looking for a corn beer to replace our traditional wheat beer.

MAD DOG
Rally Beer Garden Chair:drink

Corn usually ends up fermented and distilled. However living in Illinois and raising corn every other year will do some research on corn beer.
Living in the flat part of Illinois and making fun of Iowa is like the pot calling the kettle black yes it is. Our governors learn a trade after leaving office heck they can make their own license plates.
Last the old rally joke how do I find you? Look for the black bike by the green tent, in Iowa that's perfect camouflage.

Here are some ideas from a local......

Iowa: HOGS, We Grow'em & Ride'em
Iowa: PowerSports - Not Authorized
Iowa: If it fits on a stick, we can fry it
Iowa: No Good Gas
Iowa: Come go Corn Crazy With Us
Iowa: Low expectations, the recommended route
Iowa: Start drinking, it takes the pain away

After living here in DSM for the last 4 years I can say all this.

However, for the micro beer connoisseur there are several good brews in town. My recommend top three are 515, Confluence, & Exile. Others non-chain spots are Court Ave Brewing, El Bait Shop, and Hessen House. And if you can get past the disappointment of the geography and not a single piece of National Forest to ride, the people are great and probably has one of the best fair grounds in the country.

Back