• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Need for new tires & Tire help in Madison, WI area

Londoner

Haven't posted before, so don't know all the protocol, so any help is welcome.
I'm in the burbs of Madison, Wisconsin (Town of Middleton), and was wondering if any club members have tire mounting and balancing machines, so I don't have to drive to Mischler's in Beaver Dam.
Be nice to meet new members and I certainly don't mind paying for the help.
Regards,

Robert Ferris

Ps: I'm retired and always looking for someone to ride with. I can ride anytime, not just weekends.

This might get more traction if posted in the Regional Midwest sub forum. And title it "Tire help in Madison, WI area"

Hi Robert, looks like you have posted before :wave
If you don't get the answers you need, I can move this thread for you and add a bit to the title.
Good luck.
Gary

Hi Robert, looks like you have posted before :wave
If you don't get the answers you need, I can move this thread for you and add a bit to the title.
Good luck.
Gary

Thanks Gary. I'll give a go now that I have a better handle on how to do it.
Robert

Haven't posted before, so don't know all the protocol, so any help is welcome.
I'm in the burbs of Madison, Wisconsin (Town of Middleton), and was wondering if any club members have tire mounting and balancing machines, so I don't have to drive to Mischler's in Beaver Dam.
Be nice to meet new members and I certainly don't mind paying for the help.
Regards,

Robert Ferris

Robert: I live next door in Madison. If you haven't already, check out the Madison BMW Club http://www.madisonbmwclub.org/. I don't recall off-hand if anyone in the club has their own tire changing equipment; however show up at a meeting and ask! It's generally a friendly crowd.

Another local option is the former owner of Madison Motorsports (Steve Parker). After closing their shop Steve kept his tire changing/balancing equipment and does them out of his garage ($25/wheel, you need to remove the wheel and bring it to him). Contact Steve @ teven@tds.net, tell him I sent you. I promise he won't curse you out... ;)

Back