• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rt brake pads

brake pads

+1 on Beemer bone yard.
NOT SO on the EBC. Had to replace my rear rotor on my ST1300 after on road replacement using EBC brake pads. I was on the other coast, they only had the EBC pads. Braking was all right, just ate the rotor up. I can show U a picture if U like, Still have rotor. OEM's on the Honda.
Bone Yard pads really work very well both wet & dry. As far as the dust? just spray some wheel cleaner on the rims wash/hose off, good to goooooo.

Ended up ordering my EBC pads from rocky mountain ATV/motorcycle, front and rear came to $129 with shipping
Could not find a source for Brembo pads in US
Had EBC on my 1600 no issues

Anyone have a link to EBC pads on Amazon or an EBC part # ?

Yea Amazon doesn't have it correct, when I ordered I went off the EBC catalog https://ebcbrakes.com/Assets/ecatalogues/EBC_2017_US_MC_Catalog/EBC_2017_US_MC_Catalog.html

EBC Brakes FA209/2HH Disc Brake Pad Set - Rear - Page 129
EBC Brakes FA630HH Double-H Series Sintered Disc Brake Pad - Front - Page 128

I've only had to replace the rear, you'll find they wear way faster then the front. I was surprised how fast they wore.

Jay

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe OE (BMW) brake pads are different materials front and rear.

Clearly the brake proportioning between front and rear associated with use of linked brakes (front and rear both activated by hand lever) is calculated based on OE materials.

Be interesting to know whether any aftermarket suppliers take any of this into account.

Not so sure about different materials, I believe that's what the proportioning valve does, handles the differences between the front and rear brakes.
Later,
Norm

Back