• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2018 International Rally to be in Des Moines, Iowa July 12-15, 2018

LOL ... you guys are all scaring me! Next thing you will be planning rides to the buffets in Fargo and Brainerd!

Fargo

I hate to toss cold water on the Fargo train after all the pluses.
1: Paul and Voni volunteering to be rally Co- Chairs
2: Any crap that gets tossed in river ends up in Canada
3: Largest city in North Dakota
4: Close to Minnesota
5: People want to see Ned Beatty in sequel

But bad news MOA rally time same has Red River Valley Fair time so some one would have to change the date of their event to keep up trend of having rally at fairgrounds.
Can you say Minot home of the North Dakota State Fair!

But bad news MOA rally time same has Red River Valley Fair time so some one would have to change the date of their event to keep up trend of having rally at fairgrounds.

As they say in North Dakota, "Why Not Minot?"

DG

I hate to toss cold water on the Fargo train after all the pluses.
1: Paul and Voni volunteering to be rally Co- Chairs
2: Any crap that gets tossed in river ends up in Canada
3: Largest city in North Dakota
4: Close to Minnesota
5: People want to see Ned Beatty in sequel

Wouldn't that be "People want to see Ned Beatty in the squeequel?"

North Dakota

North Dakota is one of the states I have not been in it's hard to believe. But also on list Nebraska, Oregon and Washington. Some day a nice little tour from central Illinois, other states in lower 48 I have not been in The Who cares states New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Jersey.
I would go to North Dakota to see a big old cow named Sue before I would go to New Jersey to see their big old cow Chris Christy.

North Dakota

North Dakota is one of the states I have not been in it's hard to believe. But also on list Nebraska, Oregon and Washington. Some day a nice little tour from central Illinois, other states in lower 48 I have not been in The Who cares states New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Jersey.
I would do to North Dakota to see a big old cow named Sue before I would go to New Jersey to see their big old cow Chris Christy.

I would do to North Dakota to see a big old cow named Sue before I would go to New Jersey to see their big old cow Chris Christy.

No sane person would take a MC to NYC, but most of NY state is a great place to ride.

Jersey? Yep, I've rolled a MC wheel in Jersey. I wouldn't go back for the riding, but Bruce Springsteen lives there and he rides. It isn't all bad.

The reason to ride in Connecticut is to follow the Connecticut River and see the remnants of the American Industrial Revolution. Above the Massachusetts border, you'll find Springfield with the Armory and Handee Indian Museums.

Last edited:
I would go to North Dakota to see a big old cow named Sue before I would go to New Jersey to see their big old cow Chris Christy.

Easy on the NJ and NY comments as there are some REALLY nice road in both states. I am heading to Americade on Thursday held in Lake George NY and will cut through western NJ on the way. Great roads and some REAL diners along the way!! You just need to stay west of I-287 and know the good roads to ride. Rts. 517 and 519 are excellent in NJ. Just sayin. :dance

Since you use the old MOA symbol as an avatar, I'll trust you.

LOL ... I guess that makes me an "old" guy :eek :(

(before moving to Charlotte 20 years ago I spent my first 40 years living in NJ. If you really want to have an adrenaline rush try riding into NYC! Did it twice. That and crossing the Mackinaw Bridge are 2 things I hope I never get to repeat! )

Back