• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2018 International Rally to be in Des Moines, Iowa July 12-15, 2018

FWIW ... I am NOT a big Facebook user and never post to my page. BUT like it or not (and I don't really) Facebook is a great place to keep up with friends, family and things related to my passion ... motorcycles. It seems Facebook has become the new internet. So while I don't like it I do find it useful to keep current on whats going on with all things related to motorcycle and BMW's in particular. Unfortunately the world is a changing place. It seems to make sense to keep the Rally info updated and current in both places.

I hope you are reminding the FB'ers that there is a forum :hungover ........The Forum, you know, the place where the people interested in BMW/MOA have Paid Dues to be involved. :wave
OM

Omega,

Yes, on the Facebook MOA group page there is and active engagement to turn non members into members and a constant reminder of the benefits of being a member. The Regional Coordinators do all we can, but it also takes the actual dues paying members to spread the word about how great the MOA is. When we all work together and use all the outlets we can to be more present and prominent in social media outlets, the potential of gaining new membership increases greatly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But, when you leave the forum out of the loop, you do realize you are missed a valuable and loyal asset.

Voni
sMiling

Technically, the forums are a navigation page from the BMWMOA.org website, and all the information pushed on Facebook originated from the website home page; so counting the website home page as part of the forums, all information is available. That said, we still try to pull relevant information manually down to the forums from time to time.

To get all the information on an event, like the rally in this case, all a member would have to do is click the rally link verses the forum link.

Omega,

Yes, on the Facebook MOA group page there is and active engagement to turn non members into members and a constant reminder of the benefits of being a member. The Regional Coordinators do all we can, but it also takes the actual dues paying members to spread the word about how great the MOA is. When we all work together and use all the outlets we can to be more present and prominent in social media outlets, the potential of gaining new membership increases greatly.

Any Regional Coordinators here on the forum? There is a forum for Club Presidents that’s pretty much unused, I’ll bet we could group them up so they had a place to work ideas off one another :dunno

FB isn’t going anywhere......It’s free! The best we can hope for is the cross posting of all things MOA/Forum.
Hope for the best.
OM

Any Regional Coordinators here on the forum? There is a forum for Club Presidents that’s pretty much unused, I’ll bet we could group them up so they had a place to work ideas off one another :dunno

FB isn’t going anywhere......It’s free! The best we can hope for is the cross posting of all things MOA/Forum.
Hope for the best.
OM

Well, I’m a RC, and I’m on the forum. I for one like forums, but they are becoming antiquated. As with my local club forum...if I’m trying to attract a new member and they visit the site and perused the forum, they would see hardly any activity. Everyone now seems to have a cell phone and is instantly connected to everything. The RC’s have a closed Facebook group just for us and that’s what we use to stay in touch and bounce ideas mostly. There is no reason we couldn’t have something on the forum that we could all take part of. But that is also another topic to be discussed.

So...back to rally stuff!! Post, cross post, post cross, and let as many people know about the wonderful MOA

Well, I’m a RC, and I’m on the forum.

Thanks for your efforts here on the forum :thumb

I don't know where this is all headed, here is a close to 3 year old thread on the RC's- https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?77625-Regional-Coordinators-Wanted

If Wes's comments are still valid, I can clean up the thread and it can continue.......If things are/have changed, we can stick a new up to date posting. A list of the RC's and contact info might help. In the Clubhouse section it's only viewable to Members.
OM

Back