Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24

Thread: 2018 International Rally to be in Des Moines, Iowa July 12-15, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by 61996 View Post
    What he said...!
    x3

and also.... this thread should be pinned to make it super easy to find.

.... and, of course, the other thread started by Lee H. should also be pinned.

Is the Rally Forum visible to visitors?
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

FWIW ... I am NOT a big Facebook user and never post to my page. BUT like it or not (and I don't really) Facebook is a great place to keep up with friends, family and things related to my passion ... motorcycles. It seems Facebook has become the new internet. So while I don't like it I do find it useful to keep current on whats going on with all things related to motorcycle and BMW's in particular. Unfortunately the world is a changing place. It seems to make sense to keep the Rally info updated and current in both places.
    Ed Apelian
    Motorcycling is my passion because golf is far too dangerous!
    2012 R1200GSA Magma Red!
    2016 R1200RT- Platinum Bronze

I wish I still could have my Prodigy account. That was so much fun, and informative.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Is the Rally Forum visible to visitors?
    The rally FB is visible to the public

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Brian Hinton
    2007 R1200R
    2007 K1200GT
    1987 K75T

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    I hope you are reminding the FB'ers that there is a forum ........The Forum, you know, the place where the people interested in BMW/MOA have Paid Dues to be involved.
    OM
    Omega,

Yes, on the Facebook MOA group page there is and active engagement to turn non members into members and a constant reminder of the benefits of being a member. The Regional Coordinators do all we can, but it also takes the actual dues paying members to spread the word about how great the MOA is. When we all work together and use all the outlets we can to be more present and prominent in social media outlets, the potential of gaining new membership increases greatly.

Brian Hinton
    2007 R1200R
    2007 K1200GT
    1987 K75T

But, when you leave the forum out of the loop, you do realize you are missed a valuable and loyal asset.

Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

Technically, the forums are a navigation page from the BMWMOA.org website, and all the information pushed on Facebook originated from the website home page; so counting the website home page as part of the forums, all information is available. That said, we still try to pull relevant information manually down to the forums from time to time.

To get all the information on an event, like the rally in this case, all a member would have to do is click the rally link verses the forum link.
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 and #364
    SECMOA (BMW MOA secretary)

Quote Originally Posted by Voni View Post
    But, when you leave the forum out of the loop, you do realize you are missed a valuable and loyal asset.

Voni
    sMiling
    This happened to out Scottish Clan forum, our forum is not almost dead :-(
    MOA 154245
    IBA 64066
    '07' BMW K1200GT
    '12' BMW R1200GS

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brianhinton View Post
    Omega,

Yes, on the Facebook MOA group page there is and active engagement to turn non members into members and a constant reminder of the benefits of being a member. The Regional Coordinators do all we can, but it also takes the actual dues paying members to spread the word about how great the MOA is. When we all work together and use all the outlets we can to be more present and prominent in social media outlets, the potential of gaining new membership increases greatly.

Any Regional Coordinators here on the forum? There is a forum for Club Presidents thatís pretty much unused, Iíll bet we could group them up so they had a place to work ideas off one another

FB isnít going anywhere......Itís free! The best we can hope for is the cross posting of all things MOA/Forum.
    Hope for the best.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Any Regional Coordinators here on the forum? There is a forum for Club Presidents thatís pretty much unused, Iíll bet we could group them up so they had a place to work ideas off one another

FB isnít going anywhere......Itís free! The best we can hope for is the cross posting of all things MOA/Forum.
    Hope for the best.
    OM
    Well, Iím a RC, and Iím on the forum. I for one like forums, but they are becoming antiquated. As with my local club forum...if Iím trying to attract a new member and they visit the site and perused the forum, they would see hardly any activity. Everyone now seems to have a cell phone and is instantly connected to everything. The RCís have a closed Facebook group just for us and thatís what we use to stay in touch and bounce ideas mostly. There is no reason we couldnít have something on the forum that we could all take part of. But that is also another topic to be discussed.

So...back to rally stuff!! Post, cross post, post cross, and let as many people know about the wonderful MOA

Brian Hinton
    2007 R1200R
    2007 K1200GT
    1987 K75T

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brianhinton View Post
    Well, Iím a RC, and Iím on the forum.
    Thanks for your efforts here on the forum

I don't know where this is all headed, here is a close to 3 year old thread on the RC's- https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...inators-Wanted

If Wes's comments are still valid, I can clean up the thread and it can continue.......If things are/have changed, we can stick a new up to date posting. A list of the RC's and contact info might help. In the Clubhouse section it's only viewable to Members.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200