• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

BMW Dealer Map

B

bmwriders

One of the HOG members that I work with has an Atlas that has all of the Harley dealers marked on it so that when they are traveling they can see how close they are to a dealer and service. Has anyone seen anything like this for BMW??

Last edited:
BMW's while not perfect, are a whole lot more dependable than HOGs. So why would you need one for BMW dealers?

All kidding aside, when I got my CLC last December, I got a book with it that all BMW dealers listed by state and city. Also, the BMWOA book has good listings in it.

We have lots of resources available.

Ray

BMW Dealers have a little tank bag sized guide available and your MOA Anonymous book has a listing as well.

It would be handy to have the Anonymous listing available for your Palm or CE device, but I don't think it is.

dealer locations

i use to have a bmw dealer listing with uploadable gps coordinates for your gps, i'll have to look for it. could be helpful out on the road.

MOA Anonymous

Most of the good dealers are listed in the MOA Anonymous book. It's a great resource to pack in the tank bag.

This reminds me of one experience. In 2001 my friend and I were passing through PA on our may to the GA Mtn Rally. At a fuel stop his R65 fuel tank lock broke. He was unable to unlock it with a key. After spending some time trying to open it. I looked in the MOA Anonymous book and saw that a BMW was near enough that we could ride there with the fuel remaining in his tank. He made a phone call to the dealer to see if they could take a look at the gas cap. The dealer, knowing we were on the road from out of state, said he could fit him in in a couple of weeks. After that my friend jammed a screwdriver in the keyhole and twisted it until the cap opened. A few hours later we were off again.

It just goes to show you that every BMW dealer is not as helpful as those you read about in the BMW ON.

MarkF

Last edited:
I bet it was that yankee accent on the phone Mark that cause the 2 week delay in assistance. :p

oilhed said:
I thought Penn was Yankee territory.

It's not if you're from Mass.

Yankee means, ME, NH, VT, RI, CT, MA. Anyplace else is a southerner.

HTH,

:)

Originally posted by Rayment6239 We have lots of resources available.

All but one, a BMW Dealer GPS co-ordinate file for each country that they have dealers in. This should be up on the BMW Motorrad site, but that would make too much sense (sarcasm intended).

I guess we're not supposed to travel with our BMWs.:dunno

Global Rider said:
All but one, a BMW Dealer GPS co-ordinate file for each country that they have dealers in. This should be up on the BMW Motorrad site, but that would make too much sense (sarcasm intended).

I guess we're not supposed to travel with our BMWs.:dunno

Now THAT would be a cool item to have....

:wow

But I'd have to own a GPS....

KBasa said:
It's not if you're from Mass.

Yankee means, ME, NH, VT, RI, CT, MA. Anyplace else is a southerner.

Even the NY Yankees aren't real Yankees? You learn something new everyday.

MarkF

KBasa said:
Now THAT would be a cool item to have....

Actually, BMW does have it, but it comes with their Navigation System which happens to be a Garmin StreetPilot III, but at twice the cost.

I just wonder what would happen if you took your US purchased BMW Navigation System and toured outside of North America. The local BMW dealers wouldn't be listed now....would they?

I would have found this handy back in 2001 when I had a rear wheel bearing failure in northern Italy and not knowing where the nearest BMW dealer was. If I were a BMW dealer, I'd be miffed for losing out on a service call. As it turned out, a Honda dealer got my business.

But that is typically BMW with their moronic way of thinking. They'll just tell you to buy their Navigation System, which of course would have been useless to me overseas with only North American dealers listed (I would assume).

So I tracked down GPS co-ordinates for all BMW dealers in Austria, Germany, Switzerland and part of France and loaded them into my GPS. The downside, some dealers might move and constantly checking a few hundred dealers to see if they've relocated wouldn't be practical. This is where BMW should step in and maintain a current database.

Back to the original subject...

I think this would be very helpful in letting people know how far they are from a service department. I have had two calls just last month from riders that were having problems with there bikes and could not tell how far they were from a dealer.

Hey now,

I just happen to have a nifty mapsource file that has GPS coordinates for all US BMW dealers as of a few years ago.

This file was generated by Eric Blume (who I think I have seen here) and if we can get his approval I will post the file.

Best,

I imported Blume's list into Delorme Street Atlas - the individual dealers show up as objects and carry Eric's info (phone, etc.) Imported into my GPS III+ as well, can see them all or even easier, just hit "Nearest".

They have a dealer retail locater you sould be able to get at any BMW dealership, I had the 2003 one but it got left someplace on my trip, I also have gps locations for a garmin if that would help, it is pretty complete although not all dealers are in it

if your interested let me know I'll e-mail it to you

Tom

tmg said:
They have a dealer retail locater you sould be able to get at any BMW dealership, I had the 2003 one but it got left someplace on my trip, I also have gps locations for a garmin if that would help, it is pretty complete although not all dealers are in it

if your interested let me know I'll e-mail it to you

Tom

I think you can just attach the file and it will live here.

Ok I'll try it, this is US Dealer GPS coodinates set for my Garmin SP III, I can;t seem to find the text listing of all the gps coordinates right now

Well I guess I'll have to try and zip it up

Woo Hoo I found the zip file ok, it has doc's US canada and the .mps file in it have fun folks should be a help for ya's

Tom

Attachments

• dealers.zip
    114.6 KB · Views: 221
Back