• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

NAV 5 Reset

DCONNER151616

Islandmon
I just finished updating my NAV 5 on the Garmin site. When I put it back in my cradle on the K1600 GTL it wont show up on the Super Wheel. I can't select any of the Nav features, ie Map, Zoom? What am I doing wrong. Last time this happened I took the bikie to the dealer and they "FLASHED" the bike and got it working but there was a service charge for that. Am I doing something wrong?

Islandmon
2013 K 1600 GTL
52K miles

I did an update on my wife's NAV IV and same thing happened. Then I saw that I had to do another small optional download. I downloaded that one too and everything worked fine. I wish I could tell you the name of the optional file downloaded but I did it several months ago.

Simple problem

I did an update on my wife's NAV IV and same thing happened. Then I saw that I had to do another small optional download. I downloaded that one too and everything worked fine. I wish I could tell you the name of the optional file downloaded but I did it several months ago.

I have lost contact with the Garmin IV twice now. Both times, all it took was to just snap it out and back in again. Appears that an electrical contact is not always making a good connection. I used a clean cloth to polish the gold flats on the Garmin and the pins on the bike socket.

I have lost contact with the Garmin IV twice now. Both times, all it took was to just snap it out and back in again. Appears that an electrical contact is not always making a good connection. I used a clean cloth to polish the gold flats on the Garmin and the pins on the bike socket.
Oxidation on those contacts from exposure to the elements over several years has been known to cause issues. The easiest way to clean them really well is with a small pencil eraser and then clean the eraser residue away with a clean cloth. There may not be any visible ereaser residue, but it is there and it is better if it is cleaned away.

Back