• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

**warning graphic** i bet you will never know what's for dinner

ballen262

20170430_215653015_iOS.jpg20170430_212408701_iOS.jpg20170430_221536774_iOS.jpg

First road kill with our less than 1000 mile RT, and trust me she came out of the shadows so fast I didn't even have time to blink, all I could do it hold it straight and hope for the best.

One dead Turkey about 4K in damage, all in a good days ride.

YUK:dunno

Im blown away that its the same color and thats guys picture of his Turkey looked exactly the same as my Turkey hit just before I pulled it out of the fork area.
I should of got a picture of it before I pulled it out.
The legs where straddling the wheel the same way. :scratch

Surprising how similar the incidents are.

So how did it end up costing 4k in damages?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

That's 4k in damage? My truck got front bumper, grill, running boards, lots of body work and the whole truck painted except right rear door bed side, tailgate and hood for 5k.

Ya headlight I can see for the price... But dam... Should have kept that bird and mounted it on the wall as a trophy. I hope you put a turkey on the side of the bike... Go for the bowling triple strike!

XXX
12eb55d178524ef0cc901a95848d9a1b.jpg

Surprising how similar the incidents are.

So how did it end up costing 4k in damages?

Parts alone list price is $2350, I didn't drive it home only 55 miles away and with kidneys, intestines, maybe a heart, etc etc packed into the radiators, Ill leave you all to imagine the look of that, YUK.

So tow bill was 495
Sense I cut the turkey in half her upper body hit my helmet and left some scratches along with a great load of guts.
Every panel has to be striped off in the front to clean out the dam splatter of you know what everywhere.
The bike smells like fresh turkey.

PLus labor I can see it hitting around 4k. Maybe $3500 at the lowest.
This baby has less than 1000 miles I promise she will not have one spec of turkey giblets anywhere.:thumb

20170430_220947386_iOS.jpg
Ya headlight I can see for the price... But dam... Should have kept that bird and mounted it on the wall as a trophy. I hope you put a turkey on the side of the bike... Go for the bowling triple strike!

I will say this, when I got off the bike and collected my wits, made sure my wife was ok as I didn't know if turkey wasn't laying in her lap.
I then went to the front of the bike and just could not believe the carnage I was seeing. My wife about puked when she saw the intestines hanging down from center of bike.

Then I grabbed the turkey out of the inside of bike below headlight and scratching my head what the heck hit my helmet if the legs where still stuck inside of bike.
As I first thought the entire turkey went up over the bike so thats when I knew bike cut turkey in half.
The hit was so hard in the headlight area it flipped my side view mirrors off as you can see them hanging off in picture.

Speed was about 60 at time of impact.

The other RT rider from BMWST Pics

Hey All,
I was the rider of the '14 RT from the BMWST site. It was rather uneventful. Turkey steps out of tall grass directly into the impact zone. Zero time to consider options, tighten grip and prepare for impact. A quick safety check while moving and all seemed good. Rider#3 passed for a visual check and pointed at my front end. I knew at that point it was lodged and pulled over. I ordered/replaced the painted fender section with a pre-painted option from MAX BMW's fiche (188.00). The front tabs on the painted section of the fender were dislodged, but not broken from impact. The ambient temperature sensor was hanging from its normal position, but not damaged. I used Loctite plastic epoxy and reattached a lower fairing tab (good as new). I finished out the weekend with another 1K miles of spirited and slab riding. All is well. In comparison, looking at the OP's damage I realize how lucky I am. A little higher in the impact zone and the damage could have been very costly (deductible), not to mention the clean up, my turkey never exploded! Glad the OP and wife walked away unscathed! I'd suggest "my turkey" took the full impact of the front tire and the OP's likely a little higher on the bike (headlight). I never once felt the bike was going down or any control issues. It was a solid/hard "thud."

The similarities are amazing.

IMG_5471.jpg
IMG_5474.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5433.jpg
    IMG_5433.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Well got estimate done for the bike and it came out at $4300.

WATCH OUT FOR THOSE TURKEYS, THEY REALLY KNOW HOW TO COST US MONEY.

Back