Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: **warning graphic** i bet you will never know what's for dinner

Cool The other RT rider from BMWST Pics

Hey All,
    I was the rider of the '14 RT from the BMWST site. It was rather uneventful. Turkey steps out of tall grass directly into the impact zone. Zero time to consider options, tighten grip and prepare for impact. A quick safety check while moving and all seemed good. Rider#3 passed for a visual check and pointed at my front end. I knew at that point it was lodged and pulled over. I ordered/replaced the painted fender section with a pre-painted option from MAX BMW's fiche (188.00). The front tabs on the painted section of the fender were dislodged, but not broken from impact. The ambient temperature sensor was hanging from its normal position, but not damaged. I used Loctite plastic epoxy and reattached a lower fairing tab (good as new). I finished out the weekend with another 1K miles of spirited and slab riding. All is well. In comparison, looking at the OP's damage I realize how lucky I am. A little higher in the impact zone and the damage could have been very costly (deductible), not to mention the clean up, my turkey never exploded! Glad the OP and wife walked away unscathed! I'd suggest "my turkey" took the full impact of the front tire and the OP's likely a little higher on the bike (headlight). I never once felt the bike was going down or any control issues. It was a solid/hard "thud."

The similarities are amazing.

IMG_5471.jpg
    IMG_5474.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by USMC7002; 05-06-2017 at 12:46 PM.

Well got estimate done for the bike and it came out at $4300.

WATCH OUT FOR THOSE TURKEYS, THEY REALLY KNOW HOW TO COST US MONEY.