• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Seats options for the K1600

2blackdogs

I am 6'2"and interested in the Exclusive model K1600. I am looking at the seat options available and unfortunately my sales guy knew more about his Ducati's and KTMS than GTL s when my wife and I test rode on Saturday. Are there any taller riders who have seating recommendations relative to this model? Will the extra tall seat unfold the knees? What happens to handle bars relative to 2" increase in seat height? Am I now looking at Helibars to fix that relationship.
Forgive me for asking this as I am sure this discussion is buried back in this forum 3 years ago.
Any opinion is appreciated and thank you for your time in reading this question.

Mark

You should look at http://cycle-ergo.com/ to get a picture of how you fit on the bike. Add a bike, plug in the variables (height, inseam, etc.), and it will show what you what your forward lean, knee angle and such will be. You can add a known bike for comparison and flip between them, or, with a scrolling mouse, overlay one as a transparency on top of the other. Options show the effects of modified bars, pegs and seat.

Also 6'2". (What is your inseam?) switched to Russell Daylong on my 2014 GTLE and was best decision for a bike addition. Extra height, soft and comfy, and I sprang for the backrest so one-up riding is completely different.

Expensive but fantastic.

I am 6'2"and interested in the Exclusive model K1600. I am looking at the seat options available and unfortunately my sales guy knew more about his Ducati's and KTMS than GTL s when my wife and I test rode on Saturday. Are there any taller riders who have seating recommendations relative to this model? Will the extra tall seat unfold the knees? What happens to handle bars relative to 2" increase in seat height? Am I now looking at Helibars to fix that relationship.
Forgive me for asking this as I am sure this discussion is buried back in this forum 3 years ago.
Any opinion is appreciated and thank you for your time in reading this question.

Mark
I added a bit to the title, it will help display similar threads at the bottom of the thread. You may find info in our "tag cloud".
Gary

Also 6'2". (What is your inseam?) switched to Russell Daylong on my 2014 GTLE and was best decision for a bike addition. Extra height, soft and comfy, and I sprang for the backrest so one-up riding is completely different.

Expensive but fantastic.
What happened to your hand position with the RDL?

Thank you Gary for the reply. I appreciate the help in the thread navigation.

In a perfect world you would think BMW would offer a trade out/trade up option on the seat issue................ Sorry I lost my head there for a moment, "that's crazy talk" :scratch.

I have a 34 inseam.

I have 34 inseam as well.
I bought a Sargent World Sport seat and use it in the "high" position.

Can't say I noticed a hand position shift post RDL. Have considered bar backs but haven't taken the plunge yet. Riding position is definitely more upright, erect, than 'leaning into the turn.'

Back