• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Connector unknown r1100rt 1998

romay

Hello everyone,

While doing some work on the bike I found on the left hand side, between the miror and the left fork, 3 small connectors that I don't know their use. Ther is one small blade type, the other are tiny, tiny plug, one white and one black, one with 3 prongs and the other with two....i think. Didn't have the camera nearby and now the fairing is back on. Is this stock and what is it used for?

Thanks.

Rob

For inventory purposes it is easier to build a fully featured wiring harness than to build many specific ones with or without additions for certain items. On my 94 RS I find all sorts of connectors tied off in the harness for features not used, such as the additional display, heated grips and so on. I have tapped into the harness connector using a mating contact to tap off a switched power and ground when I installed my running lights.

not a problem

Im have those hanging on mine, all grungy and rusted now but been there for 70,000 miles and no problems

Hello everyone,

While doing some work on the bike I found on the left hand side, between the miror and the left fork, 3 small connectors that I don't know their use. Ther is one small blade type, the other are tiny, tiny plug, one white and one black, one with 3 prongs and the other with two....i think. Didn't have the camera nearby and now the fairing is back on. Is this stock and what is it used for?

Thanks.

Rob

STEREO WIRING connectors......one of them is the power supply connected to the keyed on/off ignition wiring making it ideal to power up a relay for additional accessories such as lighting. I used it like that on my steed.

If you do not have a radio those are the wires for one

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Back