• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1957 R60 Headlight Lens

72r60/7

I've just purchased and starting to learn a very nice '57 R60 that I'm planning on getting ready to use as an unrestored "Rider" and starting the project in a couple of months. I've been buying the obvious needed parts and started saving for the "Vintage Owners Club".

I've found a headlight lens on eBay and since the seller has a no return policy and describes the lens as New and "block script Bosch lens" for R24-27, R51/3-R68R, R50, R50s, R60, R69S. Seems to be a fair price and 1/2 of "OE" price.

I think there may have been a few lens suppliers, but I don't know what "block script" means and were there really that many headlight buckets and chrome rings the same size for that many years. I do know that BMW did not make parts/model changes all that rapid in the years before the early '70's.

Anybody have an opinion as to whether this lens may fit a '57 R60.

Thanks,
Charlie

Sounds like his description is right. The part number for the lens is 63128050154. When that is entered into RealOEM, I get this list of models it's used on:

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/partxref?q=63128050154

Vech sells the part on his site and his description is "headlight lens original type Bosch block letter spread pattern R51-/5". Price doesn't seem that bad, either. I'd be inclined to support our vintage parts supplier. Call him up and get the true background on the part and know that you have the right part.

Back