• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

My '88 K75C

K75solo

I just wanted to post of photo of my 1988 K75C (I posted in the new member forum today). It is all original with the exception of the Kona shock that replaced the original broken one. I got it from the original owner who put 160k on it. I've put 10k more on it in two summers. I recently bought a 1995 standard with a lot fewer miles for a safety backup bike.

Attachments

• k75skysml.jpg
    k75skysml.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 72
I just wanted to post of photo of my 1988 K75C (I posted in the new member forum today). It is all original with the exception of the Kona shock that replaced the original broken one. I got it from the original owner who put 160k on it. I've put 10k more on it in two summers. I recently bought a 1995 standard with a lot fewer miles for a safety backup bike.

Nice- looks like a clean bike!
:beer

Beautiful ride! Almost identical to my 1988 K75C. Same color scheme, but my windscreen is different. I have the same low seat as yours with heated grips. Still running at 196k.

While they have provenance. those yellowed tank emblems are pretty easy to replace.....

Nice bike. Enjoy:)

High mileage

Beautiful ride! Almost identical to my 1988 K75C. Same color scheme, but my windscreen is different. I have the same low seat as yours with heated grips. Still running at 196k.

So I have another 26k of life left on this? If the spring ever arrives here, I will start in on this!

Roundels

While they have provenance. those yellowed tank emblems are pretty easy to replace.....

Nice bike. Enjoy:)

Thank you. Yes, I actually have new BMW roundels for the tank but can't bring myself to alter the bike in any way, though I have replaced other missing or worn out parts like side stand/center stand caps and the like. Interestingly, the bike smoked and almost caught fire two summers ago near Custer, South Dakota, stranding me and the lady rider I was transporting. The main wiring harness has melted, a known issue with old K75's I later learned. I took it to Sturgis BMW, whose mechanic misdiagnosed it and said nothing was wrong (it started, so no further diagnostics were performed); and Denver BMW said the repair would cost more than the bike was worth. So, I found a $67 used harness on eBay and two school psychologists and I spent an afternoon replacing it (I am no mechanic myself!) and miraculously, it fired up and I've been riding it ever since. It came back from the grave, literally, and has given me great joy since.

wiring harness

So, I found a $67 used harness on eBay and two school psychologists and I spent an afternoon replacing it (I am no mechanic myself!) and miraculously, it fired up and I've been riding it ever since. It came back from the grave, literally, and has given me great joy since.

Picture of my buddy holding the harness, wondering if we would ever figure out how to replace it.

Attachments

• octopuswiresml.jpg
    octopuswiresml.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 37
Back