Thread: F650GS battery

F650GS battery

I have a 2012 F650GS and need a new battery. Has anyone had issues with after market batteries not operating correctly, ie ABS not working, not meshing with CANBUS? I was looking at an Interstate battery which is half price of the OEM which is $160.00. I would rather spend the money up front than have issues down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by fishbmw View Post
    I have a 2012 F650GS and need a new battery. Has anyone had issues with after market batteries not operating correctly, ie ABS not working, not meshing with CANBUS? I was looking at an Interstate battery which is half price of the OEM which is $160.00. I would rather spend the money up front than have issues down the road.
    Some batteries may not be perfectly matched to the charging system so won't charge to 100%. Maybe they will peak out at 95% of maximum charge. But the bike won't care really. There won't be any real conflict with the rest of the bike's electrical system. The system can cope with voltages ranging from a little below 12 volts up to 14 or 15 volts so it won't care a bit.

If, and it would only be a guess, the battery failed to 100% charge the worst case scenario is it might shorten the life of the battery.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

In my F800GS, I've been running this battery, from these guys. Great service, killer price, and a very well rated (and performing) battery. I "think" you'd use the same item.

http://www.techbatterysolutions.com/...ry-p/etx14.htm
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots