• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R1200RT Ram Mounts

There are basic adapters that will serve as a mount and provide 12v power, such as this: [url]https://www.amazon.com/Acacia-Mobile-Holder-Motorcycle-R1200GS/dp/B01FVF9VFS[/URL]

A new product, which will begin shipping this month, provides a mount that connects to the LINBUS, letting you use the wonder wheel to control many phone functions:WunderLINQ. The app also can display motorcycle sensor data on the phone, like engine temperature, lean angle, tire pressure, battery voltage, etc.

Those look excellent. DO you know if either or both will work on an RT vs. a GS mount? I have an iPhone xsMax... The Wunderlinq looks really neat.

The main reason I got my Nav VI was the display. Some smart phones may be better than others in the sun but none can compare to the Nav VI. Any GPS device be it a phone or actually GPS is useless if you can't see it. Oh and not being waterproof is another issue although some of the new phones are more water proof than older models.

Those look excellent. DO you know if either or both will work on an RT vs. a GS mount? I have an iPhone xsMax... The Wunderlinq looks really neat.

I have no personal experience with these mounts, but a question answered on Amazon indicates it works on a 2018 RT. Another mentioned that the mount was at it's limits using an xsMax with a "thin" silicone case. Look around, there are similar mounts available for $20-30 less. The link I posted was just the first I found.

Does Not work with ilium risers

There's another mounting location for a RAM mount on an R1200RT-LC. It requires the purchase of a very expensive ($28) fitting from Wunderlich (See: http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/motorcycle/1250269.html).

I bought that same piece from Wunderlich having the same idea... but the Ilium risers have a different bolt length, and a countersink rather than a flat allen bolt like the one that holds the grips on the RTW. So, unless you do some custom fitting, the Wunderlich part will not work with the Ilium risers.

Wonderlich part #s

Thore asked:
... part number for the bracket on which RAM ball-on-post can be inserted

Yes: the Wonderlich part # for the mount in the photo is 3272971 (used on the right side of the bike). If you have one of the bikes with optional switch to control optional add-on auxiliary / conspicuity lights (usually on the left handlebar), part # 3272366 has the opening into which that switch can be mounted. For example:
http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/motorcycle/3272971.html

The BMW part costs a bit more but IMHO looks neater and more integrated.
BMW Part # 32 72 8532971

I used the Ram mount since I got the bike in February 2014. Look around or ask a friend I had mine as a left over part, it was included with prior Garmin GPS purchase, most likely a Zumo 550.

Jay

I answered with more detail in the other thread, but the short answer is yes, along with the spacers.

I have the same question (I don't know where the other thread is). The bolts (6MM x 5MM) that came with the RAM mount (same one you have in your photo) are too short if I use the spacers. In your photo I can't tell if you're using spacers, or not.

Do you mind letting me know how you mounted it? No spacers? Longer bolt? Or maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

thanks.

If anyone is interested, there is a new product on the market - a Qi wireless charger compatible with RAM X-Grip.

I used to work with this company, but parted ways a little over a year ago and receive no compensation. They have great products.

Back