• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

CyclePump inflators on sale.

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
I kinda like the idea of the USA Made CyclePump. I have a number of the smaller 12V units and when I use them, I feel the need to "stand back". Anyway, I've been waiting for some sort of deal or special so I could pick one up, even if the deal was enough to cover the shipping from the west coast. Well, here it is- https://bestrestproducts.com
They are running a bit of a special- just for a few days. I ordered one and hope to report that is the top of the line unit that I'm expecting. Here's to keeping the tires round.
OM

Just wanted to give a shout out to BestRest. Years ago, I bought one of their pressure gauges. I recently noticed it was reading 3 psi high compared against a few other gauges. I contacted David Petersen about getting it recalibrated and shipped it to him. He found corrosion in the gauge and rather than fix it, replaced it with a new one and shipped it back for only $10. Great customer service and standing behind their products.

I bought a BestRest pump and tire gauge when I got my F700GS in 2013. They worked fine with the cast wheels on that bike.

When I traded the F700 for an R1200GS I discovered that the straight chucks that the pump and gauge came with did not work with the spoked wheels on the R1200. So I bought two 90-degree chucks from BestRest and replaced the original chucks. Unfortunately, I still have a very hard time getting the chuck from either the pump or the gauge on and off of the valve stems, especially on the front wheel.

I have given up on the BestRest tire gauge. It is rather large anyway, and I can't get it on or off the valve stem without letting air out of the tire because of the interference from the spokes. I can still manage to connect the pump and overinflate somewhat, then fix the pressure with a pencil type gauge.

Ken

I went from a K1300S with a valve stem that jutted out horizontally from the wheel and was a breeze with any straight chuck. When I moved to a GSA with wire wheels, I struggled with the straight chuck on the. BestRest and another digital gauge. I was just about to order the 90 degree chuck when I discovered the trick of dropping it down through the brake disc. Problem solved! I get a solid seal and can air up the tire through the gauge. YMMV

Back