• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Superstakes question

Just over 4,600 tickets so far. Updates and news are being posted in the Superstakes Facebook page. You can find it at moasuperstakes.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, let's let everyone know you can get all the MOA info you want....for free....just visit the FB page :scratch
OM

This type of information should be displayed on our website and thus available for discussion on our forum. IMO Facebook is an open and public place for which much data mining occurs which we should never make available private MOA Club or Foundation information (such as numbers of ticket sales, etc.). I say this an an avid social media consumer. Facebook is the very last place our private business should be discussed.

I don't really want to get into a debate here on Facebook, but I don't have a Facebook account, nor do I want one. So, people who choose not to use Facebook have less information. That's not right, IMO. The information should be available on MOA's website--just my opinion here.

Jeff -

I'm with you all the way, but did you follow the link? In some cases, facebook pages are open for all to see. Not necessarily always, though.

Jeff -

I'm with you all the way, but did you follow the link? In some cases, facebook pages are open for all to see. Not necessarily always, though.

I don't facebook and followed your link. I was able to view the page but the Sign Up window covered 1/4 of the window making it difficult to find the info Ted provided.
I tried a couple times and did not find the number of tickets sold. I know Ted told us, but I was curious to see if I could find the number with the link you provided.

Seems strange that most of the population has free access to this info but as a paying member I find it a struggle to locate the info.

I don't really want to get into a debate here on Facebook, but I don't have a Facebook account, nor do I want one. So, people who choose not to use Facebook have less information. That's not right, IMO. The information should be available on MOA's website--just my opinion here.

Sad but true. No Facebook - "you're out of the loop." :nono

Reminiscent of the old, closed shop, strong-arm union tactics of years ago. How quaint. :banghead

On an aside, I spent my entire BART ride from Oakland Intl to the North Berkeley station last week chatting with a former Wisconsinite (salesman for oncology technology) now living in Walnut Creek. Loves it there. I spent 5 days a tad east of you in Berkeley, tending to my ailing daughter. :wave

I suspect a few emails to Ted Moyer or the ED might fix this. I don't think they are demeaning the forum. I think they are enthralled with FB. This is easily fixable - so email to Ted might mix it.

I don't facebook and followed your link. I was able to view the page but the Sign Up window covered 1/4 of the window making it difficult to find the info Ted provided.
I tried a couple times and did not find the number of tickets sold. I know Ted told us, but I was curious to see if I could find the number with the link you provided.

Seems strange that most of the population has free access to this info but as a paying member I find it a struggle to locate the info.

I don't think the number of tickets sold is provided on the FaceBook page OR on bmwmoa.org. The only clue is that the number of bike prizes is now up to a total of 14. The stakes started with 11 bikes for the first 1000 tickets and adds another bike for each additional 1000 tickets, which implies that 4000-4999 tickets have sold. I don't think we really need a running total of tickets, which I'm sure is increasing daily.

I do find it disconcerting that the updates are on Facebook and not here on the home site. This is a bad precedent. I should not have to belong to another social site to find any information pertaining to BMWMOA. I will not join Facebook as I do not feel I can maintain sufficient control over my personal information.

I don't think the number of tickets sold is provided on the FaceBook page OR on bmwmoa.org. The only clue is that the number of bike prizes is now up to a total of 14. The stakes started with 11 bikes for the first 1000 tickets and adds another bike for each additional 1000 tickets, which implies that 4000-4999 tickets have sold. I don't think we really need a running total of tickets, which I'm sure is increasing daily.

I do find it disconcerting that the updates are on Facebook and not here on the home site. This is a bad precedent. I should not have to belong to another social site to find any information pertaining to BMWMOA. I will not join Facebook as I do not feel I can maintain sufficient control over my personal information.

+1 :thumb

Although I don't need a 'running total' of this worthy effort to help fund the Foundation, I think updates as to how many bikes are being offered, and more importantly, announcing each and every winner in a timely manner on the Forum is not asking too much for the dues we've invested.

Bullying members to embrace FB is a bad strategy, whether actual or simply perceived. :nono

Superstakes

So can anyone explain why the Early Bird drawing was held on April 15th when everything that was presented in the marketing of the Superstakes indicated that the drawing was to be April 22nd?

I don't know why but it doesn't really matter since tickets had to be bought by the end of March to be eligible.

Back