• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mileage difference in drive modes

skibumwi

Does anyone know if you can increase your mileage by driving in RAIN mode (100 HP) versus ROAD mode (125 HP)? If so, by how much?

Thanks,
Ski

Can't give you a detailed answer, just an opinion and that would be yes you get better mileage in rain mode.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'd speculate that the only thing that would increase fuel mileage would be a more lean fuel-air mixture.

The notion of being prevented from using higher revs works too, but really isn't the same thing.

Do any of the modes change mixture?

That upshift light may be the best approach to better consumption.

I've noticed a 2-3mpg difference between Norm and Dynamic on mine, both settings being ridden on the same roads and same way. In Norm to/from work I can average 49+/- 1mpg, in Dynamic I'm around 47mpg. On the interstate doing 80-85+ it's a bigger difference, like 5-7mpg.

I've noticed a 2-3mpg difference between Norm and Dynamic on mine, both settings being ridden on the same roads and same way. In Norm to/from work I can average 49+/- 1mpg, in Dynamic I'm around 47mpg. On the interstate doing 80-85+ it's a bigger difference, like 5-7mpg.

I'm assuming there is a corresponding grin increase in Dynamic vs Norm, especially when you're on the interstate at 85+ :bliss

I'm assuming there is a corresponding grin increase in Dynamic vs Norm, especially when you're on the interstate at 85+ :bliss

Yes, a big difference. I drive from the Springs up to Denver several times a month and it's just amazing how much better my times are on the bike. :)

My wife and I both have a 2016 R1200RS.
I usually run in Dynamic Mode and my wife uses Road Mode.
On trips most of the time our mileage is very close to each other.

Back