Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 68

Thread: Navigator VI (Nav-VI)...Tips and Tricks

  1. #46
    Ya, I checked yesterday and this morning... No new updates released

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  2. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by jpl77 View Post
    Sorry guys... I wiped the data. I need to drive a tour again to take an example photo... Standby

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Finally got the screen shot. How do you think I can fix this?

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  3. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    York, PA
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by jpl77 View Post
    Finally got the screen shot. How do you think I can fix this?

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    I noticed a similar count of front/rear brake engagements on my Nav V when I was perusing the different screens not long after purchasing my Nav V. I have not looked at that screen view in quite a while though.

    More rear use than front use did seem odd to me as well; but I figured with linked brakes, the rear is always used at least as many time as the front. After stopping at a stop light, I sometimes release the front brake and only use the rear to hold the bike still. So the actual number of rear engagements would be higher (my reasoning).
    2015 R1200GSA

  4. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by craigjv4 View Post
    I noticed a similar count of front/rear brake engagements on my Nav V when I was perusing the different screens not long after purchasing my Nav V. I have not looked at that screen view in quite a while though.

    More rear use than front use did seem odd to me as well; but I figured with linked brakes, the rear is always used at least as many time as the front. After stopping at a stop light, I sometimes release the front brake and only use the rear to hold the bike still. So the actual number of rear engagements would be higher (my reasoning).
    I thought about the linked brakes as well, but didn't really consider extra brake usage while at a stop... That being said the rise I took to get this data wasn't really a lot of stop and go, it was more time time at speed to brake for cornering. Anyways I messaged my salesman and also Garmin support. I'll talk to servicing department in over a week when I stop in to talk with them and show the GPS.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  5. #50
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    4,116
    Quote Originally Posted by jpl77 View Post
    I have an issue with the Nav 6 and wondering if anyone else has this. Under apps in my motorcycle information it appears that the front and rear brake information is reversed. Not sure if it is a GPS issue, a crossed wire or a bike issue. Should I talk with Garmin or the dealer? I will upload a photo shortly.
    Same thing on the Nav V.
    I've only looked at that screen once so it doesn't bother me.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  6. #51
    Ed Kilner #176066
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Mississauga, ON
    Posts
    1,047
    Quote Originally Posted by jpl77 View Post
    I thought about the linked brakes as well, but didn't really consider extra brake usage while at a stop... That being said the rise I took to get this data wasn't really a lot of stop and go, it was more time time at speed to brake for cornering. Anyways I messaged my salesman and also Garmin support. I'll talk to servicing department in over a week when I stop in to talk with them and show the GPS.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    I'd do an experiment. Start a ride with this screen showing (zero, presumably) and watch how the counts build. If you are on flat ground and can use the front brake lever only, they will presumably show even applications. Then, apply the rear and its count should go up by one only.

    You could even do this in your garage, I figure.

    I doubt Garmin is doing anything except reporting what the bike sends.
    Ed
    2015 R1200RT; 2011 R1200RT RIP; 2000 Triumph 900 (sold)
    http://triumphantsblog.blogspot.ca/

  7. #52
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    4,116
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW Triumphant View Post
    I'd do an experiment. Start a ride with this screen showing (zero, presumably) and watch how the counts build..
    I need to check, but I don't think that screen is available while you're riding.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  8. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW Triumphant View Post
    You are asking a lot of the Bluetooth interface to the phone if you expect the Nav VI to control the music on the phone, in my opinion.
    My Zumo 595 can control my iPhone's media (look through songs, play, pause, etc) while letting the iPhone stream directly to my headset. Works pretty well, though the iPhone gets annoyed often and starts playing music through my Zumo instead of going straight to the headset. Ahh well.

    I was really disappointed to see that my new Nav VI could not control my iPhone at all. Same problem described here; no play or pause button, suggests I wait for the Nav to download my music list.

    It would seem BMW's custom software could use some fixes.

  9. #54
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    4,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I need to check, but I don't think that screen is available while you're riding.
    I checked and it is not available while riding.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  10. #55
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Central Maryland
    Posts
    25

    Still Waiting on Fix for Nav VI and iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by sadrik View Post
    I was really disappointed to see that my new Nav VI could not control my iPhone at all. Same problem described here; no play or pause button, suggests I wait for the Nav to download my music list.
    Me too. Still no fix from Garmin for the Nav VI and iPhone on this issue. Have also received no communication from them since I provided diagnostic log files. Very disappointing... has been a couple of months. In case anyone is considering purchasing and is interested in this feature (music streaming from your phone via bluetooth), best to hold off until Garmin fixes.

  11. #56
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    High River, Alberta
    Posts
    1

    My Motorcycle, Status and Last Ride

    I purchased the new Nav VI unit to go with my new 2016 R1200RT. This is also my first BMW.

    This is an expensive unit but I justified the purchase on the new screen which is great, ability to access the unit with the multi-function controller and access to My Motorcycle, Status and Last Ride apps. After using the unit for the last three weeks, it became apparent that the My Motorcycle is not available for my bike. Garmin confirmed that is not available to the RT model. BMW just directed me to the dealer which couldn't answer my questions.

    Just want to confirm that other RT users are missing the My Motorcycle on their Nav VI.

    It would have been nice if BMW had made the exclusion of specific models clear on their website.

  12. #57

    Same here!

    Buying the Nav 6 for the screen alone, is not worth it. It took me two weeks to get the Iphone/Nav/Sena connected correctly. Garmin need to have a tighter integration with BMW if rollouts of functionality that are promised are going to have a positive influence on people like us. No wonderwheel integration on my K16, no My Motorcyle, no Last Ride. Had three attempts at doing the "round trip" option, "not available at this time" - yes i had a strong satellite signal.

    Overall, 3/10 from me.

  13. #58
    Addicted to curves azgman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    833
    My Nav V (not Nav VI) on my '17 R1200GS has my motorcycle, last trip, status, etc. It also integrates with my Samsung phone and Sena 10S without issue. The wonderwheel integration is great and is the main reason I upgraded from my Zumo 665. I know the RT instrument panel has more information displayed than the small panel on my GS, but why not enable all of the functions available to the GPS?

    9/10 (1 point for sunlight issues with screen) from me.
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511

  14. #59
    Dress for fall & avoid it AlanColes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Bedford, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    689
    Quote Originally Posted by azgman View Post
    ... I know the RT instrument panel has more information displayed than the small panel on my GS, but why not enable all of the functions available to the GPS? ...
    I believe the issue isn't the intrumental panel, but actually the LIN bus system on the bikes. BMW started using the CAN bus system a bit over a decade ago, but have only recently been adding LIN bus to their CAN bus functionality to expand on functions/information/etc without increasing costs too much. The GS has had the ability to show the "My Motorcycle" data since 2013, but the RT has only gotten that as of 2017, IIRC this was due to BMW expanding of the use of that specific LIN bus functionality tp the 2017+ RT. Can't recall where I read that so I can't verify it, but that is my recollectionof what I read.
    Regards, Alan - President BMWONS - MOA Charter Club #097, BMWMOA/BMWRA/BMWONS/Airheads
    Current: '14 R1200RT / '06 Ducati ST3s / '91 R100GS / '86 R80RT / '75 R90S / '73 850 & '70 750 Commando Prev: '04 R1150RT / '81 Honda GL1100 / '77 Suzuki GS750 / '73 Norton 850 Commando

  15. #60
    Addicted to curves azgman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    833
    Makes sense Alan, thx
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511

Similar Threads

  1. New BMW Navigator V tips and tricks
    By moamark in forum Gear
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 07-26-2016, 11:31 AM
  2. Tips/Tricks? Points Gasket Replacement
    By barron_williams in forum Airheads
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-16-2012, 02:25 AM
  3. 1200RT two up riding tricks?
    By gened12 in forum Hexheads/Camheads
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-12-2007, 06:00 PM
  4. help I need broken rib riding tricks
    By gened12 in forum Campfire
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-24-2007, 09:08 PM
  5. Tips and Tricks/Newbie Stuff
    By BRADFORDBENN in forum Online Central
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-08-2003, 11:54 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •