Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Navigator VI (Nav-VI)...Tips and Tricks

Garmin's reply to media player issue

"You're not the only one having problems. The engineers have the data logs and will likely issue a software update to correct the problem. You do not have a defective unit."

There ya go!

Still No Resolution to Navigator VI Bugs - Garmin Requests Add'l Log Files

Heard back from Garmin. Apparently the log files I sent about a week ago were not sufficient for them to diagnose the issue, so they have asked for new ones. So, the issue I have been having with playing music from an iPhone is still open. Will of course send them new log files. Glad they did respond... hoping it gets resolved soon. In the meantime, if anyone else has experienced problems (or success) using the Nav VI to play music stored on their phone (especially iPhone), would be interesting to hear. - Sean

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. I've got a Nav VI in transit, so I'm quite interested in how your case develops.
    Mark
    2015 R 1200 GS Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
    Thanks for keeping us in the loop. I've got a Nav VI in transit, so I'm quite interested in how your case develops.
    Will do. Everything else about the Nav VI is good, so I bet you will like it. The new screen is fantastic... a dramatic improvement over the Nav V. Super bright, clear, vivid, etc. But one of the main reasons I bought it was to be able to pull music via bluetooth from my phone, including ability to start/stop/next track, etc. I'm still hoping they will issue a firmware update that fixes the problem. - Sean

Multifunction controller not working

I just received my Nav 6, and updated the software on it. It is functioning well, but when I mounted it on the XR, the multifunction controller has no effect. I'm not sure what is going on.

Update. When I tried it the first couple of times, I mounted it on the bike and started the engine, but the bike remained stationary. Today, I used it actually on the road, and the controller worked fine. Not sure why, but I don't recall reading anything in the manuals that it might be necessary to ride a short way before the bike recognizes or pairs up with it.
    Last edited by upperquay; 04-24-2017 at 07:59 PM.

Still in limbo

After many hours on the phone with Schuberth and Garmin, no resolution has occurred and no deadline for a software fix has been provided.

Essentially, I have not improved on the Nav V this unit replaced other than a little bit better screen resolution. Frankly, there was nothing wrong with the old screen, so nothing has really been gained.

If Garmin fixes this issue, I'll be in love with the unit. I'm still waiting on Putin to leave Syria too.

I have an issue with the Nav 6 and wondering if anyone else has this. Under apps in my motorcycle information it appears that the front and rear brake information is reversed. Not sure if it is a GPS issue, a crossed wire or a bike issue. Should I talk with Garmin or the dealer? I will upload a photo shortly.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sorry guys... I wiped the data. I need to drive a tour again to take an example photo... Standby

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Registered User RIDERR1150GSADV's Avatar
    So far on my '17 RT the Nav 6 is working fine as the first thing I did was to do all the updates that come with a new unit. Integration with my comm system (Interphone Tour) is great too, but I admit I'm not running music through it either.
    Basecamp is a bit of a learning curve, as last I used a Garmin was 7 years ago when it was Mapsource....
    I used Furuno on my boats after Garmins kept deep-frying themselves in the salt and sun in the Keys...

Mute routing instructions mutes everything

So, I am wondering if anyone else has this issue and knows how to address it. On my 2016 RT, with audio system paired to Sena 20S headset, Nav VI paired to Sena 20S, and Nav VI paired to iPhone:

When listening to audio while having a route on the GPS, if I mute the GPS, the audio system is muted. Since there are times when I don't want to hear the route instructions, but do want to hear the audio, this is an undesired "feature". Verifying that the Sena, Nav VI, and BMW software is up-to-date, has already been done. No difference.

Anyone else encounter this?

As an aside, I also do not have the promised bluetooth streaming ability.

Thanks,
    Scott

1995 R1100R (RIP); 1999 R1100RTP (sold); 2005 R1150R Rockster; 2016 R1200RT

Ed Kilner #176066
    Supose you use the audio system radio with the GPS not muted. Do you hear the radio (the audio system has a mute function, so it must be not muted)? Now, while listening to the radio, mute the GPS. Does this mute the radio?

Also, is the music normally coming from the iPhone?
    Ed
    2015 R1200RT; 2011 R1200RT RIP; 2000 Triumph 900 (sold)
    http://triumphantsblog.blogspot.ca/

Quote Originally Posted by BMW Triumphant View Post
    Supose you use the audio system radio with the GPS not muted. Do you hear the radio (the audio system has a mute function, so it must be not muted)? Now, while listening to the radio, mute the GPS. Does this mute the radio?

Also, is the music normally coming from the iPhone?
    The music is coming from the stereo, or USB drive. With the GPS muted, via the mute button on the GPS, there is no sound, regardless of the source. However, I did discover this weekend that if I use the Mute command in GPS system menu (accessed by the wonder wheel), only the GPS instructions are muted.

So apparently the BMW audio system completely takes over the GPS functions. Or vice versa... I'm not sure what is going on.
    Scott

1995 R1100R (RIP); 1999 R1100RTP (sold); 2005 R1150R Rockster; 2016 R1200RT

Garmin just (5/7 in the late afternoon) sent out an update to the "Garmin Express" software. The new version is 5.4.0.0.

Perhaps a Nav-VI update will follow, or perhaps an updated map database.
    John Gamel
    2015 Ebony Metallic R1200RT
    BMW CCA 2006 - Present; BMW MOA 2009-Present
    Walt Kelly: "We have met the enemy, and he is us."

14. 05-08-2017, 12:28 AM

The maps are updated quarterly, and they were updated not all that long ago.
    Mark
    2015 R 1200 GS Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
    The maps are updated quarterly, and they were updated not all that long ago.
    I looked up the date 2018.10 was issued by Garmin: January 19, 2017.
    John Gamel
    2015 Ebony Metallic R1200RT
    BMW CCA 2006 - Present; BMW MOA 2009-Present
    Walt Kelly: "We have met the enemy, and he is us."