Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21

Thread: Navigator VI (Nav-VI)...Tips and Tricks

Dress for fall & avoid it AlanColes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by harpt58 View Post
    I have a 2018 R1200GS that I just purchased. It has the Garmin Motorrrad Navigator VI mounted from the dealer. I've noticed that if I don't ride it for awhile (1 month) the Garmin will not start up when I start the bike and I have to ride it for awhile before I can turn the bike off and on again to get the Garmin to start. Is the battery just dead on the Garmin and it needs charging? I've had other BMW's with the Garmin GPS and never had this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by dpandorf View Post
    It’s happened to me and the Nav’s charge has run down.
    What you are dealing with is two issues:
    1. the BMW GPS Prep mount does not provide any power once the bike is turned off
      - this is to keep the GPS from draining the bike battery
    2. the BMW Navigator V and VI do not actually turn off when the power from the bike is turned off
      - it merely goes into "Sleep" Mode and continues to draw power and drain the battery, albeit at a much-reduced rate.

The only way to actually turn off the Navigator is to remove it from the mount and hold in the On/Off button on the back until the screen ask if you want to turn it off and respond accordingly.
    Regards, Alan - President BMWONS - BMWMOA/BMWRA/BMWONS/Airheads
    Current: 2019 R1250RT / '06 Ducati ST3s / '91 R100GS / '86 R80RT / '75 R90S / '73 850 & '70 750 Commando Prev: '14 R1200RT / '04 R1150RT / '81 Honda GL1100 / '77 Suzuki GS750 / '73 Norton 850 Commando

TFT and Navigator VI with Schuberth SRC

I just purchased a F850GS and now I'm struggling to make my iPhone, TFT, BMW Navigator VI and Schuberth SRC headset work together.

I can get the TFT features to work (phone calls, media, TFT navigation), but when I pair the Navigator VI, the TFT features do not work anymore. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by hayy_wire_007 View Post
    I just purchased a F850GS and now I'm struggling to make my iPhone, TFT, BMW Navigator VI and Schuberth SRC headset work together.

I can get the TFT features to work (phone calls, media, TFT navigation), but when I pair the Navigator VI, the TFT features do not work anymore. Any suggestions?
    I don't have the Nav VI paired to the TFT. Seems to work ok. I found this video extremely helpful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzPoILCj-aU You have the Schuberth instead of the Sena but the order may be useful to you.
    Jeff Kramer

2019 R1250GSA

Traffic Warning/Nav V

While riding up to the MOA national last month, I noticed a new icon on the screen. This icon looked like a car on a road, with a number (6.3, 20.5, etc) to the right of the car (IIRC). In researching what it meant, I discovered it was a traffic warning icon, warning me that there was heavy traffic ahead, and Garmin was adding 6.3 (or whatever) minutes to my ETA. This would give me the option of hitting "Detour" to recalculate a new route, based on the expected delay time. I had never seen this icon before, and don't know how far ahead Garmin was looking. I do know that the expected delay time would change (and the ETA), as traffic conditions changed. This icon popped up as I was nearing Manchester, where traffic was building for Bonaroo! When I turned toward Lebanon (from Manchester), the icon dropped off, the ETA dropped back to expected time, and I haven't seen the icon sense. While I have the SmartLink App, I haven't paid for any features, and I don't think I had my 'phone linked to my GPS w/Bluetooth, anyway.

Anyone out there have any more info on the "Heavy traffic" warning on the NAV V (and probably on the NAV VI, too)? Like, how far ahead does Garmin look for traffic? And was this a new addition from a recent update?
    J Goertz
    BMW MOAL
    2015 BMW R1200RT
    2012 Triumph Bonneville SE

Quote Originally Posted by jgoertz View Post
    While riding up to the MOA national last month, I noticed a new icon on the screen. This icon looked like a car on a road, with a number (6.3, 20.5, etc) to the right of the car (IIRC). In researching what it meant, I discovered it was a traffic warning icon, warning me that there was heavy traffic ahead, and Garmin was adding 6.3 (or whatever) minutes to my ETA. This would give me the option of hitting "Detour" to recalculate a new route, based on the expected delay time. I had never seen this icon before, and don't know how far ahead Garmin was looking. I do know that the expected delay time would change (and the ETA), as traffic conditions changed. This icon popped up as I was nearing Manchester, where traffic was building for Bonaroo! When I turned toward Lebanon (from Manchester), the icon dropped off, the ETA dropped back to expected time, and I haven't seen the icon sense. While I have the SmartLink App, I haven't paid for any features, and I don't think I had my 'phone linked to my GPS w/Bluetooth, anyway.

Anyone out there have any more info on the "Heavy traffic" warning on the NAV V (and probably on the NAV VI, too)? Like, how far ahead does Garmin look for traffic? And was this a new addition from a recent update?
    My Nav V did this several times on our trip to the National while on back roads.
    It was always fake news.
    Two times the suggested new route was down a goat path.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Dress for fall & avoid it AlanColes's Avatar
    New Map version showing up. Version 2020.20
    Name:  Map Update v2020.20.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  36.6 KB
    Regards, Alan - President BMWONS - BMWMOA/BMWRA/BMWONS/Airheads
    Current: 2019 R1250RT / '06 Ducati ST3s / '91 R100GS / '86 R80RT / '75 R90S / '73 850 & '70 750 Commando Prev: '14 R1200RT / '04 R1150RT / '81 Honda GL1100 / '77 Suzuki GS750 / '73 Norton 850 Commando

Thanks for the update
    2000 R1200C, 2019 R1250RT