Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24

Thread: Navigator VI (Nav-VI)...Tips and Tricks

Quote Originally Posted by mcmxcivrs View Post
    I've found my Nav VI struggles with multiple map sets and can't get a route or track to display correctly if multiple maps are set as on. You can turn off the maps in the settings menus, but not from the map screen like older Garmins.
    Amazed I didn't find that on my own - I thought I'd checked every menu and sub-menu. That at least let's me turn on and off maps, so I can leave only the one I want turned on, and that will work well enough for me. Thanks!

For reference in case this helps someone else: Settings>>Map & Vehicle>>myMaps (you have to scroll down a bit to get to get to myMaps under the Map & Vehicle sub menu).

SENA 50S pairing with NAV VI and iPhone?

This canít be this hard. Been trying for two days to get my new SENA 50S (updated software) and new NAV VI working together on my 2014 R1200GSA (no TFT).
    Been through the manuals for both the NAV VI and SENA 50S. Have tried to search through the forum for a solution but I am obviously not doing the pairing correctly or in the right order.

My expectations are simple.
    1) Receive nav instruction from NAV VI to SENA
    2) Play media (streaming & stored on connected iPhone) through NAV VI into SENA
    3) Send and receive phone calls through SENA (through NAV VI??)
    4) Be able to pair with other SENA users (passenger and/or other riders)

Pretty sure that I can make #4 work if I could get the first three items to work.

What I have done:
    - Factory reset on SENA 50S & delete all Bluetooth connection on NAV VI
    - Made A2DP profile Bluetooth connection between SENA and NAV VI as required for media play by the NAV VI
    -checked media play via phone on NAV VI
    - Bluetooth connection between NAV VI and iPhone

So far, all Iím getting is a broken sound when streaming audio from the iPhone in media play while the NAV VI becomes almost totally unresponsive when media is playing

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by wuli959 View Post
    This canít be this hard. Been trying for two days to get my new SENA 50S (updated software) and new NAV VI working together on my 2014 R1200GSA (no TFT).
    Been through the manuals for both the NAV VI and SENA 50S. Have tried to search through the forum for a solution but I am obviously not doing the pairing correctly or in the right order.

My expectations are simple.
    1) Receive nav instruction from NAV VI to SENA
    2) Play media (streaming & stored on connected iPhone) through NAV VI into SENA
    3) Send and receive phone calls through SENA (through NAV VI??)
    4) Be able to pair with other SENA users (passenger and/or other riders)

Pretty sure that I can make #4 work if I could get the first three items to work.

What I have done:
    - Factory reset on SENA 50S & delete all Bluetooth connection on NAV VI
    - Made A2DP profile Bluetooth connection between SENA and NAV VI as required for media play by the NAV VI
    -checked media play via phone on NAV VI
    - Bluetooth connection between NAV VI and iPhone

So far, all Iím getting is a broken sound when streaming audio from the iPhone in media play while the NAV VI becomes almost totally unresponsive when media is playing

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    You need to check and watch the pairing videos on the RKA website. He explains how to pair your BMW WetHead RT to a Sena 50S.
    First of all you must understand that you can not pair your Nav6 with your Sena 50S direct, if it is install on a WetHead BMW RT.
    1. Your Nav6 is wired to send its instructions through the BMW Radio to the bike speakers.
    2. The Nav6, install on an WetHead RT can't answer your phone or control the music on your phone.
    3. Watch the RKA videos or modify the speaker wiring using a Motochello Speaker bridge.
    4. Playing music from your phone to your Sena 50S will eliminate the possibilities to receive Bluetooth signals from the bike (No GPS instructions).
    Bernie Echt
    2018 R1200RT-LC Alpenweiss, starting out fresh
    2007 R1200RT Double Silver sold (188702 Smiles), 2000 R11RT sold (105K)
    BMWSportTouring.com, Bumbling BackRoad Ridersô, MOA#92589, BMWNEF, BMW-RA, AMA

Quote Originally Posted by BernieEcht View Post
    You need to check and watch the pairing videos on the RKA website. He explains how to pair your BMW WetHead RT to a Sena 50S.
    First of all you must understand that you can not pair your Nav6 with your Sena 50S direct, if it is install on a WetHead BMW RT.
    1. Your Nav6 is wired to send its instructions through the BMW Radio to the bike speakers.
    2. The Nav6, install on an WetHead RT can't answer your phone or control the music on your phone.
    3. Watch the RKA videos or modify the speaker wiring using a Motochello Speaker bridge.
    4. Playing music from your phone to your Sena 50S will eliminate the possibilities to receive Bluetooth signals from the bike (No GPS instructions).

Iím not riding an RT. I have a 2014 R1200GSA that does not have a BMW sound system. Only the factory install mount on the NAV VI.
    Iíve watched the RKA videos but since they incorporate use of a BMW radio that I donít have - I donít know how the instructions should be modified.
    -David

Iím not riding an RT. I have a 2014 R1200GSA that does not have a BMW sound system. Only the factory install mount on the NAV VI.
    Iíve watched the RKA videos but since they incorporate use of a BMW radio that I donít have - I donít know how the instructions should be modified.
    -David
    Sorry my mistake. Canít help you with that. Call Garmin or check over at ADVRider.
    Bernie Echt
    2018 R1200RT-LC Alpenweiss, starting out fresh
    2007 R1200RT Double Silver sold (188702 Smiles), 2000 R11RT sold (105K)
    BMWSportTouring.com, Bumbling BackRoad Ridersô, MOA#92589, BMWNEF, BMW-RA, AMA

-David
    My bike is a 2019 R1250RT with the sound system. I can pair my Sena to the Nav VI and hear the Nav with the sound system off. On the Nav VI menu you can scroll to the pairing setup (sorry, writing this from my office, don't have the Nav in front of me). The Sena pairing menu has a specific GPS setting. So, BMW sound system is OFF, but the NAV VI will connect to my Sena, and I can hear the Nav directions, etc.
    iPhone:
    I have found the pairing sequence to be very finicky. I'm still trying to work out the best connection order, but this seems to be working for me: 1) turn blue tooth OFF on my phone. 2) turn ON my Sena first . 3) now turn on Bluetooth on the phone, and my phone and Sena seem to pair without trouble.
    Ray
    '74 R90/6. '75 R90S. '76 R90S. 2019 R1250RT
    Too many dirt bikes to list.

Dear folks,

Today was a day high in mishaps or really mishap as it was only one. The plastic base plate on my non-bmw must have sheared on I80W in NJ and I ended up dropping my top case. There were many valuables in it, for a 500mi trip with rain expected, one of them was a Nav VI. Police reports filed, insurance will be debated etc. etc.

I've plugged in that Nav VI into garmin express once, checked software etc. Is there a way for me to locate it? Is there a way for me to disable it?

Equ

Quote Originally Posted by equequ View Post
    Is there a way for me to disable it?

Equ
    If a honest person finds it they may be able to find you by looking at the Home location stored on the unit.
    Did you have Home stored?
    Welcome to the forum and good luck.
    Lee
    2022 R1250RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2016 R1200RS, 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    If a honest person finds it they may be able to find you by looking at the Home location stored on the unit.
    Did you have Home stored?
    Welcome to the forum and good luck.
    Not only did I have home stored, but I had many other items of value in that top case with my address and personal information (except phone number and email) all over it. Fingers crossed, thank you!

This is how I pair my nav 6 to my xr1000. NAV to Sena Ė Jog 5s Ė P 1s Ė P 1s. Jog wheel press 5 secs, then when cued press the phone button 1 sec, when cued push the phone button again for 1 sec. This works every time I have to repair. Make sure everything in unpaired in both devices and in pairing mode.
    Buck in Greensboro, NC
    2013 R 1200 RT Midnight Blue - traded, 2014 R 1200 RT Ebony Metallic, 2016 S 1000 XR

Quote Originally Posted by bdfbeemer View Post
    This is how I pair my nav 6 to my xr1000. NAV to Sena Ė Jog 5s Ė P 1s Ė P 1s. Jog wheel press 5 secs, then when cued press the phone button 1 sec, when cued push the phone button again for 1 sec. This works every time I have to repair. Make sure everything in unpaired in both devices and in pairing mode.
    Does this also get you unlimited lives in Commando?
    2016 R1200GS

Is the Navigator worth it?

I just bought a used 2020 RT 1250 and am debating on whether to drop big money for the compatible GPS from GARMIN/BMW.
    1) Is the Nav VI compatible with my 2020 mount? My online manual references the Nav V.
    2) After seeing 356 posts about problems and issues is it worth it?

Zumo XT with adapter - https://www.adapter3dmotorrad.com/en...1250-rt-lc-en/

I had a few ghosting issues with my Nav VI. I sent it in and got an upgraded replacement. I sold that and bought the Zumo XT for my RT. I ordered an adapter plate from Italy and have not missed the Nav VI. Of course, you lose function with the wonder wheel like on the Nav VI, but I rarely used that feature anyway. The touch screen on the Zumo XT works fine in its place on the dash.

The Nav VI will work on the 2020 RT with the compatible OEM set-up on the dash.

Cheers!
    2000 R1200C, 2019 R1250RT

The best way to get there is to start..........riding.

14. 07-22-2022, 12:52 PM
    Reason
    Not appropriate

no voice directions from Nav 6

If this question has been answered, please direct me to the previous pertinent post. I am not getting turn-by-turn directional instructions. No audible "turn right on Jones Street". Schuberth SC2 is paired to BMW sound system; I can hear FM radio, etc. I can can hear the Nav 6 only when I go to the Nav menu and right-press Wonderwheel on SPEAK. Only then I can hear Nav 6, e.g., "continue straight ahead to Hwy 41". Is there a setting that I messed with that disabled voice prompts? Help, please. THANK YOU.
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by craydds View Post
    I am not getting turn-by-turn directional instructions. No audible "turn right on Jones Street".
    Found the setting . On the "Where to?" screen, tap on Volume, then the wrench icon (settings), then tap on Automatic voice prompts. Nav 6 now tells me where to go, just like my wife.
    Ray