Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Navigator VI (Nav-VI)...Tips and Tricks

Can't download new maps

Currently have a ticket in regarding the NAV VI. Issue is I purchased the North Africa and Middle East maps and it fails miserably attempting to download.

Quote Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
    I think the Nav VI should perform as advertised. The marketing material played up the ability to stream music on a phone, and specifically talked about iOS and Android, with the ability to select playlists on an iPhone, but not on an Android phone.
    I am in complete agreement here. As you say, it should work as advertised as this feature is headlined as a watershed feature that does not deliver.
    Last edited by Ranger6; 07-13-2017 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger6 View Post
    I am in complete agreement here. As you say, it should work as advertised as this feature is headlined as a watershed feature that does not deliver.
    I spoke with Garmin a couple of weeks ago. Was told a software upgrade is in the works to enable Garmin VI to function with IOS for audio streaming. They supposedly will send an email alert to those who have called or texted to report this problem. We will see.

BTW, I was given a phone number for BMW owners to call with any issues, in order to avoid a wait: 866-455-7012

Quote Originally Posted by davtho1957 View Post
    Currently have a ticket in regarding the NAV VI. Issue is I purchased the North Africa and Middle East maps and it fails miserably attempting to download.
    Are you using Express for the purchased maps? I had a bit of trouble there myself. Garmin Support is pretty good though so if you have a robust internet connection on your part, they will surely help if the issue is on their end. Those map files are humongous.

Nav VI and 2016 K1600 GTL

Hi folks. I have had the Nav Vi for a couple of months and it's been difficult to get information. The manual has virtually nothing on the apps. I cannot get the My Motorcycle app at all. Is it not available on the K1600?
    It seems to me there is a lot of missing information.

Sadly you are correct, i too have been struggling to get the the NavVI working acceptably. The Media player function with the WonderWheel doesnt work, and i dont beleive the MyMotorcycle app is available for the K1600. I have resigned myself to the fact that Garmin felt pressure to release the product early before some of the functionality was really ready.
    I know a few on the forum have tickets in with Garmin, so i am hoping that a software update is available in the near future.

I believe the MyMotorcycle app works on the new '18 K16, nothing prior. The Media doesn't work on the K16 because it has a built in stereo (or as an option) I read somewhere that 1 of the contacts on the back of the Nav can be covered before re-installing so it thinks its not in a K16, looking at it, right side 3 up from bottom IIRC. Not exactly sure which 1.
    Tim C
    2016 K1600GTL
    Matte Ocean Blue

Map download issue resolved

Quote Originally Posted by crucian View Post
    Are you using Express for the purchased maps? I had a bit of trouble there myself. Garmin Support is pretty good though so if you have a robust internet connection on your part, they will surely help if the issue is on their end. Those map files are humongous.
    It appears that the last update resolved the issue.